JL Interior Cargo Rack Recommendations

YAHAHA

I’ve been looking for an interior cargo rack for our JLUR. We use a soft top and we need a rack that will allow the soft top to go down all the way without hitting or binding. So far, I’ve found a lot of really nice racks but haven’t not found anything online that meets these requirements.

If you have or know of an interior cargo rack that you like that works with the soft top, please list it. Any pictures would be appreciated. Thank you.

It's not just a Jeep, it's an amusement park on wheels.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For the JL, I don't think I've seen anything quite like what you're needing or at least, not as of yet.

YAHAHA

Thank you for the replies.

Fishbone was one of the first we looked at buying. Their website states: “Please Note: Soft top models will not be able to put top down with this installed.”

Piginajeep

I bet it’s going to be hard to find one that lets the soft top down. They both need the space where the top arms move.

YAHAHA

Thank you for the recommendation. From their website; “The ACE JL Rear Cargo Basket is a great way to add storage space to your Jeep JL or JLU and keep it organized. It is a completely bolt-on assembly. This Cargo Basket works for the 2 or 4 Door JL hard top. It will fit with a factory soft top as well, but does not allow for the soft top to fully retract and lock. “

I’ve been working through some plans to build my own out of 80/20 but that’s not a cheap route.

Last edited:

YAHAHA

Before the end of the year I was considering this one but after the new year Their website states that they are under new management and this rack looks like it is no longer available.
IMG_3034.jpg

Last edited:
i've ordered it from ebay, Bought this for my 2020 JL 4d and everything fits nicely. However, the shelf sits too high. The description states it sits at 19.9 inches above cargo area. Mine sits at 23 inches. My soft top will only go down far enough to completely block all vision to the rear. Not happy with this and will probably send back. Not sure why they made it so tall.

JTCO

Meme King
i've ordered it from ebay, Bought this for my 2020 JL 4d and everything fits nicely. However, the shelf sits too high. The description states it sits at 19.9 inches above cargo area. Mine sits at 23 inches. My soft top will only go down far enough to completely block all vision to the rear. Not happy with this and will probably send back. Not sure why they made it so tall.

You probably got a knock-off one made in India or something.

isabellseven

The trickiest part is once you get both side pieces mounted because you want to keep them a little bit loose and then to lift the tray up and bolt up the tray to the loose side pieces.