JL JOURNAL : WAYALIFE ACM - JL / JT Under the Hood ARB Air Compressor Mount Install

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have a drill and I’m will to use it.

:cheesy: Well, that's the spirit! Although, all you really need is a file or grinder to make it faster and clearance the lowest slot by about 1/16".

IMG_0989.jpg

Not sure why but on the JT, that lowest stud is shifted over to the side just a hair but enough to prevent the easy installation of the ACM. I mean, you can force it on but clearancing the slot is just as easy.

It won't work with the double. With that being said, I own a double and another single on our other two Jeeps and the double isn't that much faster. The double is faster but not enough IMO for the extra 200 bucks; especially on the JL / JT platform where space is so limited.

That’s is a very good point. $200 more and only to work just slightly better. Solid advice, thanks man[emoji1605]

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If it’s fine for your 40s then no doubt it’ll be good for my 37s lol

I used it on our JT throughout the JL/JT Experience. I just hook up the ARB hose, take a seat in my Jeep, press the Aux button to turn it on and watch the TPMS on my dash while listening to tunes and or posting on the forum. As soon as the TPMS gets to where I want it to be, I press the switch off, hook up the hose to the next tire and start again. It's nice, relaxing and honestly, I personally find it to go pretty fast. :yup:

benatc1

Great install video, do you think it's worth while to relocate the filter? I thought maybe you had on the JL or after the JT evolved, as obviously this footage was done back when the JT was still skipping leg day.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

I used it on our JT throughout the JL/JT Experience. I just hook up the ARB hose, take a seat in my Jeep, press the Aux button to turn it on and watch the TPMS on my dash while listening to tunes and or posting on the forum. As soon as the TPMS gets to where I want it to be, I press the switch off, hook up the hose to the next tire and start again. It's nice, relaxing and honestly, I personally find it to go pretty fast. :yup:

Good advice, that does sound relaxing. Thanks again Eddy.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great install video, do you think it's worth while to relocate the filter? I thought maybe you had on the JL or after the JT evolved, as obviously this footage was done back when the JT was still skipping leg day.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

All I can say is that I haven't bothered to do it. The top of my compressor sits at almost 4 feet off the ground. If I'm fording water deeper than that, I probably have bigger things to worry about than whether or not my compressor will still work. :crazyeyes:

DavidDJL69

Are there any other options for the stainless braided extension hose other than ARB. As mentioned previously, Amazon is out of stock and I can’t seem to locate it online with ARB. I may have to call them. They don’t seem to have a restocking date available on Amazon. I’m definitely going this route though.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Piginajeep

Are there any other options for the stainless braided extension hose other than ARB. As mentioned previously, Amazon is out of stock and I can’t seem to locate it online with ARB. I may have to call them. They don’t seem to have a restocking date available on Amazon. I’m definitely going this route though.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

I had to get it drop shipped from ARB. They only had a 1 foot length in stock. So it’ll be in the engine bay for me.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
Is Tina getting a JL?? :eek:

At the time of the install, we were planning to run ARB air lockers on our new axles. Using the harness would have made it easier to hook everything up.

Lol no, but your wiring explanation will come in handy for her JK.

2012 JKUR Billet Silver
2012 JK Dozer
1975 DJ5 Postal

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

I had to get it drop shipped from ARB. They only had a 1 foot length in stock. So it’ll be in the engine bay for me.

The extension hose is essentially a brake line that uses JIC compression fittings. I'd be willing to bet that you could just use a Russel or the like and make it work. You would just need to make sure that they have the right connections.

Lol no, but your wiring explanation will come in handy for her JK.

LOL - cool, well glad we could be of help then :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hmmm, I looked around and it could be harder to find that I thought. If you have a local hydraulic shop, you could probably have one custom made and for less. You just need to make sure that it has JIC-04 37° Flairs on both ends. I may have to run down to my local shop to see if they can make some.

apacheip

Hmmm, I looked around and it could be harder to find that I thought. If you have a local hydraulic shop, you could probably have one custom made and for less. You just need to make sure that it has JIC-04 37° Flairs on both ends. I may have to run down to my local shop to see if they can make some.

If it helps, I just received my hose from CPP Diesel.