Front track bar bolt wallowed

Hey y’all! Santa brought me a synergy front track bar & I installed it today. The OEM was still fully torqued from when I did my lift a few months back. When I got it off I could tell the bolt hole was slightly wallowed out or oblong. I had loosened it and torqued during the install and I checked it twice in 4 months. But I think that maybe the bind of those joints put too much pressure on the bolt in the bracket? Maybe even 2” of spacers throws its angles off too much? The threads on the bolt looked a bit flattened too. Moral of the story: Don’t lift your Jeep without throwing that junk out and getting a new one! The synergy is gorgeous. Perfect welding, nice paint, a very well made product. I could definitely feel a difference on road. Worth every penny & it made enough of a difference that I immediately ordered a rear too.

Attachments

• A1E934DC-A7DE-4B1E-84EC-11C60C34EEFA.jpeg
    A1E934DC-A7DE-4B1E-84EC-11C60C34EEFA.jpeg
    250.8 KB · Views: 96

JTCO

Meme King
That does look pretty ovalized for such a new vehicle. Strange. Glad the Synergy bracket worked out well.

Good to hear Sunergy makes good stuff ‘cause Santa got me one for Christmas too. Looking forward to the install.

Yeah its a breeze, enjoy!

That does look pretty ovalized for such a new vehicle. Strange. Glad the Synergy bracket worked out well.

I just got the bar, not the bracket. I'm bummed because I didn't think I'd need it but now I do unless there's some other easy way to fix this.

JTCO

Meme King
Yeah its a breeze, enjoy!

I just got the bar, not the bracket. I'm bummed because I didn't think I'd need it but now I do unless there's some other easy way to fix this.

My bad. I misread. As far as fixing the hole, you can weld a heavy duty washer (that has the proper inner diameter) around the damaged hole.

How much movement? I’ve always found the bolts/holes to be looser than I think they should be. Not a tight fit as one would expect. With that I haven’t a had any DW on my last two Jeeps.

I didn’t measure, but more than I expected. It looks wallowed to me in the pic, but maybe I’m over reacting. I’d love something to compare it to.