Buy once, buy right. Get a warn.

NFRs2000NYC

This is going to sound like a sales pitch, but I assure you it isn’t. I have no relation to warn or to the creator of this video. I just watch his channel for interesting recovery videos and some mild LOLZ seeing stupid people do dumb things offroad. A video posted caught my attention. I own a warn Zeon winch. I have never used it to recover myself but have used it to move downed trees and help others. I haven’t used it in 2+ years. It still works perfectly and it is now going on 7 years old. It cost me I believe $1100 back when I got it. It was my first ever winch, and a lot of people tried to tell me to get the budget winches like smittybilt, quadratec, etc. while the price and some features were attractive I decided to spend the money and get one that I personally thought was going to last and most importantly, work when I needed it. In this video, you will see a jeep owner call a recovery service to help them get unstuck (probably cost them hundreds of dollars) all because their new winch failed. Ask yourself, so what if you spent money if it fails you when you need it most. Looking at a video like this, I don’t see it as “I saved $600 by not getting a zeon.” I see it as a “I wasted $400 on a block of metal that doesn’t work.” A good winch costs $1000, end of story. Plan for it, and get something that works and will work when you really need it. Don’t try and save money on things that matter.

At 3:07 :
https://youtu.be/0IC2vF1aGxs

Last edited by a moderator:

JTCO

Meme King
I have a Warn Zeon 8s on my WJ that weighs almost 6000 lbs. That winch has been used in many well-loaded environments and has never let me down. We have a Zeon 10s on the JK that has been used a couple times and never let us down. I wouldn't get anything else myself based on how it's worked out for us.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
See it all the frickin time but still, I find that it's difficult if not impossible to compel others to see the value and benefits of buying a WARN.

It cost me I believe $1100 back when I got it. It was my first ever winch, and a lot of people tried to tell me to get the budget winches like smittybilt, quadratec, etc. while the price and some features were attractive I decided to spend the money and get one that I personally thought was going to last and most importantly, work when I needed it.

Exact reason why I as well went with a Warn Zeon 10S. When it comes to recovery gear I knew that was an area with I did not want to skimp out on.