What mounts for Hi-Lift on a JLUR?

Camelot

I have a question regarding where to mount the Hi-Lift on my JLUR.

I don’t want to drive around with it permanently, looks to much like a mall crawler with that thing on 24/7. But I want to be able to have it with me when I go off-road.

I did like the idea to mount it inside the vehicle but the more I look at that the more it does not look like an option. 1: I will bring a bunch of dirt inside (can be cleaned out, I know). 2: But the main reason is safety. The mounts I have seen for sale does not seem to have any engineering behind them? The lift is heavy and I don’t want it come flying chopping my head off in a collision.

Front looks okay besides it blocks the headlights. Which could lead to a ticket in some states.

So I am coming down to mounting it on the back door. I can’t find anyone that make a mount for the JL besides what looks like a bunch of Chinese manufactured mounts. Could be good off course but without seeing the mount in person I would be concerned about weld quality.

Soo that was a long way to get to my question and if I have not lost you already I wonder if anyone has a recommendation for a tailgate Hi-Lift mount?

I use the hood mounts. They are made of billet, and mount to the hood hinge bolts. It is out of harms way IMO on the hood. When not off roading I don't have it on there.
As far as being mounted on the tailgate, I would worry about a tree limb grabbing it and damage occurring somewhere. I off road through tight trails often.

Camelot

I use the hood mounts. They are made of billet, and mount to the hood hinge bolts. It is out of harms way IMO on the hood. When not off roading I don't have it on there.
As far as being mounted on the tailgate, I would worry about a tree limb grabbing it and damage occurring somewhere. I off road through tight trails often.

Great input.
Thank you

coderedh

Check out Dominion Off-road Stealth Hi-Lift Mount for JL. Mounts to rear “roll bar”, held by bolts on both ends, & doesn’t obstruct view out back window. I think jack has to be 48” to fit. Check it out, may be what you are looking for...