Looking for buying advice. % below MSRP goal?

Hwycycle

Hi again all, hope everyone had a Merry Christmas.

With the new year approaching, and dealers looking to make their sales for the end of the year, I hope this will be a good time to buy.

I’m currently looking a 2020 JL Unlimited Willys. The MSRP is $46,505. I’ve read many different posts regarding the illusive best deal... but, I’m looking for personal experiences.

I’ve read that 10% off MSRP is good deal seeing as Jeep only offers the military discount and no other incentives on the Wrangler.

Any input will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

mac214

With the new year approaching, and dealers looking to make their sales for the end of the year, I hope this will be a good time to buy.

I’m currently looking a 2020 JL Unlimited Willys. The MSRP is $46,505. I’ve read many different posts regarding the illusive best deal... but, I’m looking for personal experiences.

I’ve read that 10% off MSRP is good deal seeing as Jeep only offers the military discount and no other incentives on the Wrangler.

Thanks.

My dad got ~12% off MSRP, which was 5% off invoice. He did not have to finance through FCA and he got the $500 military discount on top of the above.

I got the same deal on my 2020 JTR.

I did not want to travel out of state and ended up working with my local dealer here in CO. If you are anywhere near CO and want me to put you in touch please let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JTCO

Meme King

Thanks.

Here's what I did:

Ask a local or any dealer for a copy of the invoice on a particular vehicle. Then contact about 10 other dealers with a similar vehicle. Ask each dealer what the lowest that they'll go is. Make it very clear that you're looking around the entire nation for the best price. You'll quickly find that most will be happy to deal with you. Once you get your lowest offer, if you're happy with everything else about that dealer, work with them. If you're not happy, contact a dealer that you're happy with but tell them what the other dealer offered and see if they'll match it or come close. It's time consuming but works.

Last edited:

Hwycycle

Thanks mac214. Unfortunately, I’m in the NY/NJ area. That would be quite a road trip! :yup:

JTCO, I’ve planted that seed with my local dealer... we’ll see how they reply.

VitaMeVas

Best Jeep Deal

I’m in NW Iowa and did the same thing last year on my 2019 JLU Rubicon. Best deal I could get locally was 5% off dealer invoice and extra $1,000 rebate deal from Jeep (mailer at the time). It took me 6 dealers but I made it happen. They gave me ‘rough’ trade in on KBB on my 2010 JKU, so I stripped almost all my mods (including a supercharger). Jeep doesn’t really do any ‘deals’ bc they know that if u want a wrangler, u pretty much only want them. Good luck.

DavidDJL69

Just Empty Every Pocket = JEEP. Don’t ever think anyone buys a Jeep because it’s a good deal! We buy them for what the Jeep offers that no other off-road machine can. It’s not a purchase but a way of life!! Good advice offered by others on how to try and weasel down the dealers as they cry about not making any money!

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

RubiJR

In SoCal, San Juan Capistrano Jeep, ask for Rob Trachtman. 5% under invoice over the phone with no hassles

ddays v2

I got a $1000 rebate offer in the mail when I bought mine last year. It may have been generated by a test drive the wife took. :idontknow:
IMHO though, try to get the best deal you can from a local guy & just buy the damn thing.

Hwycycle

Thanks all.

The Willys I was looking at has a MSRP of $46,505. My local dealer has 3 identical Jeeps.

I offered $40,925 (12% off sticker) on New Year’s Eve. I was very straight up with them.
They countered @ $41,900. They obviously just added $1k to see if I would jump on it. They had a bunch of ridiculous fees on the Purchase estimate they sent me. I called back had them remove the silly fees and told them I would be there with a check in 1/2 hour if they took the $40,925. They declined.

I expect they might call back an attempt to negotiate again.