Skid plate recommendations

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Your Jeep comes with some pretty nice ones right from the factory and at no extra cost. They’re what I still use and have used on my JKs for over a decade. If anything, something to protect your transmission cooler lines is the only thing I recommend as there is nothing for it as is. I run one made by EVO and it protects the oil pan as well but there are other good options as well.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Camelot

I have tried to find one that covers the same area as your Eddie but it seems nobody makes it for the 2.0 Liter engine version yet

Camelot, I have had my 2.0L JLUR for just over a year now. I wheel hard at least once to twice a month. I am only using STOCK skids. Like Eddie says they do work good. The cross rails do tend to grab rocks and tear up a little, but who cares? I do many types of terrain. Lots of tree stumps, limbs, volkswagon size rocks...and the trans lines have never been touched. Could it happen..? I suppose but I am not that worried about it. If I was I would put steel across underneath.
I did purchase a FAD steel skid plate and a rear diff skid. Pumpkins do take a beating and the drain plug is at the bottom in the front.

Do something to protect your swaybar disc motor. IMO Jeep does poor job with it as it is, considering they take on water. I replaced mine with EVO manual disconnect.