ARB Roller Drawer

CalSgt

Got an ARB Roller Drawer for Christmas!

First: If you have the factory subwoofer it won't fit without some modification

Second: The drawer won't bolt in without the vehicle specific install kit which is sold separately

IMG_3656.jpg

IMG_3657.jpg

IMG_3658.jpg

IMG_3659.jpg

IMG_3660.jpg

The side deck panels lift out for extra storage space, perfect for jumper cables and my air hose
IMG_3661.jpg

If you have a factory subwoofer the trim pieces for the sub side need to be modified to work:

The carpeted steel bracket at the rear of the jeep needs the excess carpet trimmed on the side so only 1/8" is left, peel the carpet back from the steel & trim about 3/8" from the sheetmetal where it would touch the side of the jeep.

The steel bracket that mounts toward the front of the jeep needs to be cut to clear the sub.

Remove all hardware from the deck board & trim to fit between the drawer & sub, I used a piece of cardboard to make a template. One of the steel clips that holds the end down will need to be trimmed a little.

Heres a picture of what shape the deck board needs to be:
IMG_3662.jpg

How’s your radio sound now? Any different? I’d love something like this but I’m worried it’ll be a big bassbin next to the sub.

CalSgt

I ended up getting different bags to store my tools, my large ARB recovery bags wouldn't fit in the new drawer. The main reason I wanted the drawer is so I could keep all of my gear I normally keep in these bags secure when the top is off. I like to keep this stuff with me for when someone calls and wants to go wheeling after work, or if there is an emergency I can stay prepared.

I bought all my straps in the heaviest rating so I can use them with my duramax and toy hauler too, they are huge & take a lot of space but I got everything in there with room to spare. My velcro first aid kit also stuck to the carpet on the drawer really well so I mounted it on the drawer face.

IMG_3664.jpg

IMG_3665.jpg

JTCO

Meme King
I ended up getting different bags to store my tools, my large ARB recovery bags wouldn't fit in the new drawer. The main reason I wanted the drawer is so I could keep all of my gear I normally keep in these bags secure when the top is off. I like to keep this stuff with me for when someone calls and wants to go wheeling after work, or if there is an emergency I can stay prepared.

I bought all my straps in the heaviest rating so I can use them with my duramax and toy hauler too, they are huge & take a lot of space but I got everything in there with room to spare. My velcro first aid kit also stuck to the carpet on the drawer really well so I mounted it on the drawer face.

View attachment 14709

View attachment 14710

Looks great. I'm the same way with my trail Jeep. I have a set of tools there and ready.

CalSgt

Looks great. I'm the same way with my trail Jeep. I have a set of tools there and ready.

Thanks... I bought a list of tools recommended by Eddie specifically to keep in the jeep so I have them when needed. I end up getting my tekton wrenches & sockets out regularly instead of getting stuff from the tool chest in the garage.

Thanks... I bought a list of tools recommended by Eddie specifically to keep in the jeep so I have them when needed. I end up getting my tekton wrenches & sockets out regularly instead of getting stuff from the tool chest in the garage.

I’m hooked on Tekton too now. Stuff is gorgeous.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
Are you not using the arb bags? If you want to get rid of them let me know.

2012 JKUR Billet Silver
2012 JK Dozer
1975 DJ5 Postal

CalSgt

Are you not using the arb bags? If you want to get rid of them let me know.

2012 JKUR Billet Silver
2012 JK Dozer
1975 DJ5 Postal

I'll definitely keep one of them for when i take the straps but not the jeep, I'll let you have the other one for shipping cost. One of the plastic buckles has one of the little latches missing but still works good.

Camelot

Looks fantastic.
Did it come with good installation instructions?

Does the unit anchor safely to the Jeep floor?

I don’t want that unit to come forward and chop my head off in a head on collision.

CalSgt

Looks fantastic.
Did it come with good installation instructions?

Does the unit anchor safely to the Jeep floor?

I don’t want that unit to come forward and chop my head off in a head on collision.

Instructions were OK, would have been a 45-60 minute job if I didn't customize it to work with the sub.

The carpet kit gets removed and it bolts down using the six bolts in the cargo area that have the tie down buckles, the side covers are held in with a spring loaded latch. It's not going anywhere.