Air compressor or power tank

JTCO

Meme King
This discussion has been around for ages. Each have pros and cons. I've personally used both the ARB single and ARB twin and have been happy with both. I'll be doing the ARB single on the JT soon. The biggest NOs for me in regards to the powertank is that it has to be refilled and it takes up precious cargo space. Twice I've had to use my air compressor to help air someone else up because their powertank was empty. Just my :twocents:

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This discussion has been around for ages. Each have pros and cons. I've personally used both the ARB single and ARB twin and have been happy with both. I'll doing the ARB single on the JT soon. The biggest NOs for me in regards to the powertank is that it has to be refilled and it takes up precious cargo space. Twice I've had to use my air compressor to help air someone else up because their powertank was empty. Just my :twocents:

This ^^^^^^

Phil3333

This discussion has been around for ages. Each have pros and cons. I've personally used both the ARB single and ARB twin and have been happy with both. I'll be doing the ARB single on the JT soon. The biggest NOs for me in regards to the powertank is that it has to be refilled and it takes up precious cargo space. Twice I've had to use my air compressor to help air someone else up because their powertank was empty. Just my :twocents:
I am leaning towards the twin ARB but I hate doing wiring

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
I just got my single ARB compressor. Is using the relay just an extra safety precaution? The built in JT/JL aux switch has a 40amp position, and the arb fuse is 40 amp too IIRC.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Pretty sure they usually have two fuses. Between the battery and the switch panel and between the switch panel and the compressor.

2012 JKUR Billet Silver
2012 JK Dozer
1975 DJ5 Postal

CalSgt

I just got my single ARB compressor. Is using the relay just an extra safety precaution? The built in JT/JL aux switch has a 40amp position, and the arb fuse is 40 amp too IIRC.

I just installed one the other day, I recommend using the ARB relay. The ARB harness uses a heavy gauge wire and a Maxi fuse, I just cut off the switch portion of the harness & wired the switch lead to the factory harness next to the battery.

ddays v2

The only plus I can think of with the Power Tank is portability between vehicles, otherwise the ARB is the most practical & economical of the two. Having said that I just bought
a tank for the wife's use in her F250 & horse trailer setup. As an added bonus, I can use it with our JL Rubicon for airing up tires since it came with the lockers
and I didn't need the compressor like I did in my '14 JK when I put the new axles under it.

Pretty sure they usually have two fuses. Between the battery and the switch panel and between the switch panel and the compressor.

2012 JKUR Billet Silver
2012 JK Dozer
1975 DJ5 Postal

To be honest I haven’t even looked at the ARB harness yet, or taken a look at the gauge of wire that is connected to the oem aux switch harness. I’ll probably just plan on using the one of the oem aux switch wires to trigger the ARB relay to be safe.