Wind Vibration on retractable top (2019 JL Rubicon)

WILKG01

I just installed the KC Pro 6 series light bar. Works as advertised but man, the amount of wind vibration on the retractable top is bad! Even at low speeds. Called KC to see if they have any suggestions. Just wondering if anyone else has had the same issue with their retractable top.pic.PNG

Last edited:

Camelot

The problem is the turbulence your KC lights creates. I believe the only real solution is to take the lights off.

NFRs2000NYC

After years of having a 50" bar on the front of my windshield on my JKUR, I've learned that having a light in the front of the vehicle is just a bad idea on a daily driver that sees highway speeds. For offroad its great, but on road, its terrible. Turbulent air, wind noise, whistling, etc, all suck. The only way to have top lights not drive you insane is mounted further back....so at the front of a half rack, or in the case of a gladiator, at the back of the cab on a rack or a sport bar. For my gladiator, I will have powerful floods at bumper level, and spots on the A pillars, but nothing on the roof.

WILKG01

After viewing a few videos online, I was able to significantly reduce the amount of wind noise by applying a small black weather strip along the top of the windshield. Didn't think this would work at all but I was desperate, and it did. For those of you having this issue, it's worth giving it a try. Cost was around $20.00 from Lowes. I still get more wind noise with the KC Pro 6 Highlites installed, but significantly less with the weather strip.jeep.PNG