New JL - Bent Flange or Bad Bearing?

TrailHunter

My buddy bought a new JLU Sahara for his wife... it has a small lift, 35” tires 2000 miles and never seen the Dirt.. The rear flange is moving a lot.. and there are metal shavings in the housing. He said there were no impacts to the wheel of any sort. He started hearing noise when the wheel was turning and bad wear on the new tires. All lugs were tight.

I’m thinking a faulty bearing? Anyone heard of an issue like this?

JTCO

Meme King
Haven't heard of it but sounds like a bad bearing. A bent flange shouldn't cause metal in the housing.

TrailHunter

Update on my buddies Jeep... Rear end was imploding at 2000 miles... Dealer started to go through it, then decided to give him a complete new one.

TrailHunter

Holy hell! Glad to hear the dealership is just gonna replace it.

The worst part of it was the first dealer experience he took it to... (which is close to where we live and where I bought my Jeep - Scott Robinson).... Without even opening it up they blamed it on the lift and 35’s (keep in mind it had never been Offroad)... and said they couldn’t cover it... after my buddy told everyone there to pound sand, he took it to the dealer in Redlands, where he bought it. Being Real Jeepers... they had it on the Rack right away. SR will never get my business again and I regret going there... choosing the right dealer is so important.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The worst part of it was the first dealer experience he took it to... (which is close to where we live and where I bought my Jeep - Scott Robinson).... Without even opening it up they blamed it on the lift and 35’s (keep in mind it had never been Offroad)... and said they couldn’t cover it... after my buddy told everyone there to pound sand, he took it to the dealer in Redlands, where he bought it. Being Real Jeepers... they had it on the Rack right away. SR will never get my business again and I regret going there... choosing the right dealer is so important.

Just be glad that the first dealership didn't flag his Jeep. If they had, the Redlands one wouldn't have been able to help him. Ask me how I know.