Looking for locking lug nut recommendations

ken31756

I've got a 2018 JL with KMC XD Grenade rims and am looking for some good quality locking lug nuts.

I'm not crazy about the spline design because of the thin wall socket they require. I worry about cracking that socket.

I've looked at Gorilla, McGard, etc at Amazon, Extreme Terrain, Quadratec and Summit. There are a variety of different types out there.
Most of the sets I see available are for 4 locking nuts. What are they thinking I am going to do with my spare, wrap a chain around it???

I suppose I could buy 2 sets, and put 3 on the spare.... but then I have 2 different locking key sockets to work with.

I'm open to ideas???

Last edited:

DavidDJL69

My son provided me a set of Gorilla. It came with locking nuts for each lug and a couple for the spare tire. So far so good. However, on his JK I’ve noticed that the crap they spray every single evening on the streets around here in winter have caused some to show surface rust now. It’s kind of a PIA to use the key to remove each one when taking off my tires for suspension work, but I can survive the inconvenience. I would suggest ordering a spare key if you go that route.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

CalSgt

If you decide to go the splined lug nut route just buy a set for a 6 lug vehicle, would come with 24.