Thread: Anti-Theft on New Lightbar

Fresh Catch

Anti-Theft on New Lightbar

I just purchased a fairly expensive KC lightbar and I'm looking for any recommendations to secure my investment. I've purchased the anti-theft nuts but my guess is this will only slow down the theft effort. Thinking of adding epoxy or a spot weld to the nut. Also, a thief with determination may just remove the entire bar and a-pillar brackets from the jeep and bypass the locking nut. thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by WILKG01 View Post
    I just purchased a fairly expensive KC lightbar and I'm looking for any recommendations to secure my investment. I've purchased the anti-theft nuts but my guess is this will only slow down the theft effort. Thinking of adding epoxy or a spot weld to the nut. Also, a thief with determination may just remove the entire bar and a-pillar brackets from the jeep and bypass the locking nut. thoughts?
    Park in the garage & take an Uber next time you feel the need to go to a Puff Daddy concert or Oakland Raiders game

Caught the Bug
    Insurance and donít worry about it. Epoxy and a spot weld can be broken with a wrench.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Been Around the Block scoobycarolanNC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CalSgt View Post
    Park in the garage & take an Uber next time you feel the need to go to a Puff Daddy concert or Oakland Raiders game
    Yikes! They stealing light bars in Cali?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fresh Catch
    ...or Dodger game for that matter.

Fresh Catch
    Whewwww "Puff Daddy" as a musical reference...gonna take the OVER/under on the age set at 47.

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobycarolanNC View Post
    Yikes! They stealing light bars in Cali?
    Welcome to Cali. You can walk out of a retail store with stolen goods less than $950 and just receive a ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by MoparMari View Post
    Whewwww "Puff Daddy" as a musical reference...gonna take the OVER/under on the age set at 47.
    LOL... Its a reference to a Larry the Cable Guy joke... "disappeared faster than a set of rims at a Puff Daddy concert"