Re-spraying sliders

Alex4LO

For the peeps w/ sliders. My sliders are rusting on the scrapes from the rocks. Wanting to sand and go with a textured spray this time around. I used gloss black originally. Is it best to strip it to metal or just a quick scotch brite pad and just use the new textured spray?
IMG_0556.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JTCO

Meme King
I've seen sliders prepped right that still don't seem to have paint hold up after scratches. Personally, I would wire wheel off the rusty stuff and then paint it with Rust-Oleum TruckBed Coating.

Alex4LO

I've seen sliders prepped right that still don't seem to have paint hold up after scratches. Personally, I would wire wheel off the rusty stuff and then paint it with Rust-Oleum TruckBed Coating.

Well I bought the rustoleum “textured” can already. But what I’m asking is I initially used the rustoleum “gloss” for the initial spray. I didn’t like how it looked after touching scratches here and there. So if I now go textured will I need to sand it to it’s raw metal and prime again? Or a quick sand then use the new texture stuff ?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

ttfhell

Don’t take this wrong but if you use your shit it’s going to look the same after each time you use it. Stripping it down to metal just to scrape it off again seems like a lot of work. Hit it with the bed coating as is. I bet you wouldn’t see a difference as it’s pretty forgiving.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app