Neohiofan

I have a 2019 JL Rubicon. It is set up with
Dynatrac 2” lift
Steersmarts trackbar, tie rod
Falcon steering stabilizer
Rockslide engineering steps and skid
37” nitto Ridge Grapplers
KMC machete beadlocks

I seen evo mfg front bolt on coil over kit with shocks. Is it worth it? What else would I have to upgrade as soon as I installed the front beside front driveshaft?

ddays v2

Will I need to do front and rear at same time or start with front? Are the worth the money?

The answer to that depends on what you are trying to accomplish by going to Coilovers.
Also, if you're looking to do this on a daily driver, be prepared for them to get destroyed by the all salt and brine put down on the roads in the Winter

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Will I need to do front and rear at same time or start with front? Are the worth the money?

There's no real point to running coilovers unless you're doing front and rear at the same time. And really, for most people, they're completely unnecessary as a whole. Sure, they'll offer a bit more flex but where they really shine is in high speed bombing across the desert. Also, being that you live in the rust belt, your winters will destroy them.

Neohiofan

Live in the Midwest. Asking if I could do the fronts now. Save some money up and then do the rear in say 6 months. Also not sure how worth it they are.

DavidDJL69

IMHO Cleveland is east of the Mississippi River so I’m not sure it qualifies as Midwest. Maybe Minnesota! I lived in Cleveland for 4 years when I was younger and always felt it was part of the eastern USA. Plus since they dump ungodly amounts of salt on the roadways there coilovers, as previously mentioned, wouldn’t last long and would definitely be a waste of a lot of money.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
IMHO Cleveland is east of the Mississippi River so I’m not sure it qualifies as Midwest. Maybe Minnesota! I lived in Cleveland for 4 years when I was younger and always felt it was part of the eastern USA. Plus since they dump ungodly amounts of salt on the roadways there coilovers, as previously mentioned, wouldn’t last long and would definitely be a waste of a lot of money.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Lol yeah I’ve never heard anyone say Cleveland is Midwest.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app