Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Air Filter Recommendations

IMHO, there's nothing better than the OE filter especially on the JL. It really is amazing at how well it works.

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    IMHO, there's nothing better than the OE filter especially on the JL. It really is amazing at how well it works.
    Thanks, how often are you changing it with regular off-roading?

Fresh Catch
    After having 4 different K&N filters in 3 different vehicles/ATVs, and having them ALL let dirt through, I will NEVER own another one. How do I know they let dirt by? Well, they ALL had their intake tubes after the filters lined with dirt/grime. 2 of those also had Outerwears prefilters on them...

The one thing K&N did right, I was able to send 2 of them back for a full refund.

Fresh Catch
    Years ago I put a K&N in my TJ Wrangler. This Jeep roamed the desert on a regular basis. One time after going through stretches of powdery, talcum stretches of dirt road I pulled the filter to check it out. I was quite honestly surprised by the amount of fine dust that made it past the filter into the intake tube. I trashed the K&N and installed a stock paper filter. I never saw that dust in the intake tube again.

I've stuck with stock type filters since then.

I'll add that the K&N was properly installed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12