JL JOURNAL : Synergy Front Track Bar Reinforcement & Sector Shaft Brace INSTALL

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
In a quest to find the source of his death wobble, doubletapdaddy here on WAYALIFE.com filmed and posted up an interesting video clip and in it, you can clearly see his steering box pulling away from the frame rail and moving back in again as he turns his steering wheel to the left and to the right. And, while I'm reluctant to say that this is the cause of his death wobble, I will say that it can't be helping anything. Fortunately, Synergy has a solution for this movement and it's with their all new track bar reinforcement bracket/sector shaft brace. This thing is designed well, seriously beefy and you can be sure that once installed, any deflection you might be seeing in this area, will be a thing of the past. We hope that you find this installation video to be both informative and helpful to you.

42mm Socket https://amzn.to/2DCcM1N
Socket Adapter https://amzn.to/2P2HjLE
Impact Wrench https://amzn.to/2Ycl1Lr
TEKTON Tools: http://bit.ly/2xdl2Cu

ADDENDUM: I spoke with Synergy after posting up this video and was told that they now have new instructions and in them, they recommend that you apply blue loctite on the two bolts that secure the sector shaft brace to the track bar reinforcement bracket.

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
If you enjoyed this video, Cindy and I would be grateful if you could please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
20191202204002-f53681d9-me.jpg

JTCO

Meme King
Nice install. I may get one for peace of mind. That is a really well designed bracket. What was that last little bolt for? The smaller Allen Head one?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nice install. I may get one for peace of mind. That is a really well designed bracket. What was that last little bolt for? The smaller Allen Head one?

I think it's to help keep the bronze bushing in place.

mtwashburn

Hey Eddie, I was checking the Synergy website but couldn't find this answer. Its says its compatible with the Synergy track bar, but I have the Rancho adjustable front track bar. Any idea with there will be any fitment issues?

Sent from my SM-N975U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JTCO

Meme King
Hey Eddie, I was checking the Synergy website but couldn't find this answer. Its says its compatible with the Synergy track bar, but I have the Rancho adjustable front track bar. Any idea with there will be any fitment issues?

I don't think Synergy's website would list if their products were compatible with their competitor's products, lol.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
42mm is pretty big. What’s the JK nut? 36?

I’m surprised you didn’t have that size with all the old iron around.

2012 JKUR Billet Silver
2012 JK Dozer
1975 DJ5 Postal

frenchjk

Beautiful piece of hardware! don't you like it when the manufacturer challenges you to use Imperial and Metric sockets etc why can't the whole industry go metric?......:crazyeyes:

great COLD video.

Bsimon187

Thanks for the video Eddie. Mine is going on next week sans the sector shaft part. At least brace that weak frame mount.

MrGiant

Which piece of your mind are you buying it for? [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
I had to laugh[emoji16].
Great write up, Eddie and Cindy! The bracket really is well thought out and on my list even though I don't have a lift etc. The amount of torque for the big nut lets me know I will need a big impact wrench in the near future

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

I have this installed with the Rancho track bar with no issues [emoji1303]

As drhcobra said, you should have no issues ^^^^

Nice install and video! Was going back and forth on which steering to get. Definitely doing synergy steering kit and the track bar reinforcement!

Thanks! Been super happy with the Synergy steering system. :thumb:

42mm is pretty big. What’s the JK nut? 36?

I’m surprised you didn’t have that size with all the old iron around.

LOL - I actually had ones that are close but were either too small or too big. :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Beautiful piece of hardware! don't you like it when the manufacturer challenges you to use Imperial and Metric sockets etc why can't the whole industry go metric?......:crazyeyes:

great COLD video.

eh, I get it. Metric hardware costs a LOT more and if they used them, people would be bitching about how expensive their stuff is.

Thanks for another excellent write-up. This is going on my JL as soon as it arrives after Black Friday sales.

Awesome :)

Thanks for the video Eddie. Mine is going on next week sans the sector shaft part. At least brace that weak frame mount.

The brace is really what you need more than anything. :yup:

Nice video as always Eddie! Ever since I saw the brace on your SEMA coverage, I knew that this was something I would buy for piece of mind. Thanks man!

Glad we could share this with ya :)

I had to laugh[emoji16].
Great write up, Eddie and Cindy! The bracket really is well thought out and on my list even though I don't have a lift etc. The amount of torque for the big nut lets me know I will need a big impact wrench in the near future

Sure helps things out for sure :)