Aux switch for 110 outlet?

VitaMeVas

Has anyone run a 110 inverter outlet off of the Stock dash Aux switches? Was considering this to put a 110 outlet in the trunk of my JLU that I could turn on/off without getting off my a$$. Just for convenience. Yes I do have the 110 outlet on the back of my console and a cigarette outlet in the trunk of my JLU already.

Has anyone run a 110 inverter outlet off of the Stock dash Aux switches? Was considering this to put a 110 outlet in the trunk of my JLU that I could turn on/off without getting off my a$$. Just for convenience. Yes I do have the 110 outlet on the back of my console and a cigarette outlet in the trunk of my JLU already.

Just run inverter directly off battery. Inverter will have it's own switch. Wire size in Aux harness not big enough for any inverter worth its salt.

JTCO

Meme King
You should probably determine what size inverter that you'll be running first. What devices will you be using the inverter for?

VitaMeVas

You should probably determine what size inverter that you'll be running first. What devices will you be using the inverter for?

Mostly charging laptop in trunk or running Xmas lights on Jeep. Yeah. I know. There are bigger problems in the world.

Spack

Mostly charging laptop in trunk or running Xmas lights on Jeep. Yeah. I know. There are bigger problems in the world.

Xmas lights are easy. Get a black 90° flat plug extension cord and plug it into the 110 outlet on the back of the console. Run it under the passenger side front seat and into the plastic trim covering the seatbelt. Plug it in behind that and the lights come out where the seat belt is, and doesn’t cause any interference. When. It using the lights, use that same cord to plug your laptop charger into.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

VitaMeVas

Xmas lights are easy. Get a black 90° flat plug extension cord and plug it into the 110 outlet on the back of the console. Run it under the passenger side front seat and into the plastic trim covering the seatbelt. Plug it in behind that and the lights come out where the seat belt is, and doesn’t cause any interference. When. It using the lights, use that same cord to plug your laptop charger into.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Thanks for the help. I decided to move the 20 amp fuse from F81 to F91 to keep from draining the battery when the Jeep is off. And the Christmas lights only stay on when the Jeep is running.

Attachments

• FAD4A620-BB2A-4D06-9EBF-E8E657E68FE1.jpeg
    FAD4A620-BB2A-4D06-9EBF-E8E657E68FE1.jpeg
    342.9 KB · Views: 49