Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has the “Wandering Steering” been corrected on the 2020’s?

Air Pressure

30 pounds of air pressure is too low for the "Tire Pressure Monitoring System". It lights the Low Pressure indicator and shows the message "Inflate tires to 36#. 34# works but 32 does not. I Have a 2018 JLU.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangler-Joe View Post
    30 pounds of air pressure is too low for the "Tire Pressure Monitoring System". It lights the Low Pressure indicator and shows the message "Inflate tires to 36#. 34# works but 32 does not. I Have a 2018 JLU.
    That annoyed me too. It is one of the features I now use in my Tazer Mini to reduce the PSI that will trigger the warning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fresh Catch
    Thanks guys. I just test drove two 2020 JL Unlimited Willys. Tire pressure (Firestone Destinations) was set at 38-40 at the dealer and both were still in transport mode. Both were built in late November. The difference was tremendously different from my previous test drives in 2018. Now to negotiate a price.

Fresh Catch
    I just traded my 2015 JK for a 2020 Rubicon and the steering right out of the gate was vastly improved. When I left the dealer the tires were set at 43 psi, so I immediately lowered that to 32 and everything felt better. I wouldn't consider the handling as "wondering" it is a Jeep and handles as such. A better stabilizer will make a difference as the one from the factory is a monotube and the better ones should be a dual tube (read about the difference online with shocks).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12