JL JOURNAL : A FAR BETTER TRACK BAR - Synergy Adjustable Front Track Bar INSTALLATION

PIG

Synergy Representative
Supporter
Thanks for the write up and install vid Wayoflife!!!

Cool - glad we could share this with you then :)

The Synergy tie-rod is really tough and no lie, I've started using it like a skid or slider. Problem is, the aluminum clamp that Fox provides isn't up to that kind of abuse. I moved back to the OE stabilizer being that the steel Synergy clamp they provide can take the beating.

We were having the same issue with the AL Fox clamp... We actually managed to grind 1/2 of it away!
Here is the best of both worlds... Fox TS stabilizer with Synergy steel clamp.
Needed to make a special spacer to make it work. Do you think its worth making???

Both use dual durometer bushings and both are good track bars. Where the Synergy is better is in that it comes with their double adjuster and pinch bolt and to me, that's a big improvement over a jam nut. Makes for easier adjustments on the Jeep and without having to keep on fighting the jam nut.

Besides the double adjuster assembly the Synergy bar is made from USA made 1026 1.5" OD DOM.
The Rancho bar is made over seas from 1.375" OD material. The Synergy bar is stronger, stiffer and will therefore deflect less under load.

Attachments

• Fox With Steel Clamp.jpg
    Fox With Steel Clamp.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Here is the best of both worlds... Fox TS stabilizer with Synergy steel clamp.
Needed to make a special spacer to make it work. Do you think its worth making???

That’s pretty legit honestly. I’m sure a lot of people would be interested in a setup like that.

SouthCo

what if you dont lift it, can this be used to stiffen the steering in the front? JL Moab 2019

You can install on a non-lifted JL/JT, but I’m not sure if it’ll “stiffen the steering”.

I installed one on my Sahara with rubicon springs and shocks which I believe is the same height as your moab.

DavidDJL69

Eddie. Do you have a link for the impact wrench you use on your videos? I’m definitely getting old enough or smart enough to spring for one. They have a few options and wanted to know which Milwaukee you like best and use. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Finally got around to installing the Synergy front track bar. I really like the adjuster nut, being able to fine tune the bar while on the jeep. Excellent video Eddie, as always

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Finally got around to installing the Synergy front track bar. I really like the adjuster nut, being able to fine tune the bar while on the jeep. Excellent video Eddie, as always

Awesome! So glad to hear our video was helpful to you :thumb: