Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sorry, it doesn't work like that : WAYALIFE Store Return Policy

Been Around the Block

Sorry, it doesn't work like that : WAYALIFE Store Return Policy

I too have been in this personís situation where I had to return an item and pay for the return shipping. It seems unfair that I had to return a defective item AND pay to ship it back for a warranty replacement. But like you, their return policy is clearly stated and must be considered as part of the purchase. Some companies even charge a 20% re-stocking fee for returns.

I see no reason to start a tirade with a company over shipping costs though. My grandma always said, ďyou catch more bees with honey than vinegar.Ē And also, karma is a b!+ch.

And again, kudos to you for helping the Jeep community by offering some of the great solutions youíve designed for the lifestyle! I know many people here appreciate you offering your designs and solutions to others.

It's not just a Jeep, it's an amusement park on wheels.
    Last edited by YAHAHA; 11-18-2019 at 06:25 AM.

If an item is defective or clearly does not work as supposed (no error in usage of course) as I receive it I dont feel like paying anything for that thing, also no shipping to the dealer. In this case the dealer/manufacturer/whoever would have to pay the return shipping

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
    Giant 2 - '18 JLUR
    Mr.Giant - '92 YJ, Flat Black
    Giant 2 - '18 JLUR, Bright White

Been Around the Block
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGiant View Post
    If an item is defective or clearly does not work as supposed (no error in usage of course) as I receive it I dont feel like paying anything for that thing, also no shipping to the dealer. In this case the dealer/manufacturer/whoever would have to pay the return shipping

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
    Giant 2 - '18 JLUR
    I feel the same way but if the return policy is clearly stated, then itís a risk of buying through mail order or online as opposed to in a storefront.

Of course thats right. Fortunately I have been lucky so far, maybe a mixture of luck and well picked buys

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
    Giant 2 - '18 JLUR
    Mr.Giant - '92 YJ, Flat Black
    Giant 2 - '18 JLUR, Bright White

If I make a mistake or a product I ship out is defective, I cover all costs to replace it or provide a full refund. This situation is different in that the customer bought a product and then later decided to return it. That's his choice and I will take it back but I think it's a stretch to suggest that I should have to pay him money for something I never made.

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    I posted this on Wayalife, but Iíll give my 2 cents worth here...

Quote Originally Posted by notnalc68 View Post
    Dear Napa,

I returned the brake pads, and you refunded the purchase price. Iím upset that I drove 15 miles to you, and you didnít reimburse me for a gallon of gas.

Sincerely,

Average Unreasonable Asshole

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by YAHAHA View Post
    I too have been in this personís situation where I had to return an item and pay for the return shipping. It seems unfair that I had to return a defective item AND pay to ship it back for a warranty replacement. But like you, their return policy is clearly stated and must be considered as part of the purchase. Some companies even charge a 20% re-stocking fee for returns.

I see no reason to start a tirade with a company over shipping costs though. My grandma always said, ďyou catch more bees with honey than vinegar.Ē And also, karma is a b!+ch.

And again, kudos to you for helping the Jeep community by offering some of the great solutions youíve designed for the lifestyle! I know many people here appreciate you offering your designs and solutions to others.

Paying for a defective item is different than this situation.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2012 Jeep Jk - 37ís
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 40ís
    1975 Jeep DJ5

Been Around the Block
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJL View Post
    Paying for a defective item is different than this situation.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    This situation was different than mine but Eddieís return policy is very clear. While I can empathize with the buyer that it sucks to pay return shipping, Eddie was is no way obligated to pay for return shipping. Thatís the cost of purchasing items online.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12