Synergy front track bar/sector shaft brace installed

drhcobra

Installed the synergy track bar/sector shaft brace today. Pretty straight forward, good directions. Everything went pretty well till I got to putting the track bar bolt in. Holes didn’t quite line up between synergy bracket and track bar mount. I was just able to get in there and drill it out enough to get the bolt through. Also not sure the grease fitting took any grease. Gotta look into that tomorrow. The brace itself is well made and finish is nice.
IMG_1367.JPGIMG_1368.JPGIMG_1369.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

drhcobra

Checked out the grease fitting and turns out it was bad. Put a different one on and good to go. So far steering feels much better although it has warmed up a bit too. Time will tell. I have the Synergy HD steering kit to put on also.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
There are definitely quirks about the JL that are kind of a bummer. I understand that Jeep needed to save weight but a part of me feels like they over-engineered things and not necessarily in a good way. Fortunately, there are companies like Synergy who are coming out with things like this - things to help beef things up.

drhcobra

I agree, all in the name of better mpg's.:idontknow: Sounds like they are selling a bunch of these braces!