Wheels and tires, steering.

JohnJay

New to the forum, had a J K, sold it and purchased 6 months ago 2019 2door J l Sport S. Just added new 17X8.5 +10 offset Ultra 226 machined wheel and 285/70R 17 Toyo Open country A/T 11 tires. Fit perfect all the way around. So, now whats all the fuss about steering, "death wobble", steering play at certain speeds, pulling left or right at times. Air pressure changes to help the swaying, changing the damper, " only if it was a recall " I just have to say I have no shimmy, shake, wobble of any kind. When I do hit bumps on the road or interstates the steering wheel stays straight and true. Yes it is a Jeep, and yes its a straight axle. Adding 37" tires and lifting it up more than it needs to be does not help the geometry of the vehicle. Just saying !

Attachments

• 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 80
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 82
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 83

JTCO

Meme King
Welcome to JL Wrangler. Almost everyone I know that has the steering issues, it started about 10k or so after putting on bigger tires or lifts, not right away. I know people that are very mechanically inclined that are really struggling to find out what it is. Glad to hear yours does not have any issues thus far.

Keep in mind you have more caster than a rubi. I think it might be the hollow steering components all along . Mine stopped after the second SS replacement. Doesnt really do it anymore. Mine had bad wobble hitting expansion joints on highway.