Rpm steering

Bsimon187

It's pretty solid. I had an issue with one of the nuts they sent me. Ended up stripping while putting it on. They sent me an entire new end since I had to cut the nut off and ended up messing up the threads a bit. I did the JLX this past month and abused this steering. Drove home from ME to TN after wheeling for the week and was able to drive 80 down the highway straight down the road with no hands. A disclaimer though, as I am using the JK variant since I have UD60's.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

ddays v2

Fusion 4X4 has a nice set you might want to check out as well. Rare parts makes a nice set for the JK's but I don't think the JL stuff is out yet. Same for Exodus Jeeps.

Bsimon187

Fusion 4X4 has a nice set you might want to check out as well. Rare parts makes a nice set for the JK's but I don't think the JL stuff is out yet. Same for Exodus Jeeps.

Yeah I’m actually running Fusions. But from what I was told, the fusion, rare parts, and rpm were all the same. That could have been wrong info, but they all look the same and have interchangeable parts.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Why would you buy Aluminum steering for Jeep for $1000. when you can by Chromoly which is stronger for less than a $1000. Aluminum will bend WAAAAY easier. The weight save isn't worth it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Why would you buy Aluminum steering for Jeep for $1000. when you can by Chromoly which is stronger for less than a $1000. Aluminum will bend WAAAAY easier. The weight save isn't worth it.

The idea is that the aluminum WILL bend but then bend back to its original shape. This as opposed to steel like OE and a lot of other tie-rods out there that will just bend. That being said, I'm with you here and would prefer to run chromoly like what Synergy makes. Costs less, works great and still holding its shape even after all the abuse I've put mine through. When it comes to steering components, I personally prefer they just not bend at all.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
just a heads up. RPM Steering is run by the same guys that ran RPM Fab. They were actively taking peoples money at an Overlanding show last year while at the same time knew they were closing the doors on the company. Lot's of people paid for products they never received. i wouldn't give a dime to that guy.

When you spend all your time and money on a custom Willy’s that is double the size and do it o my for the gram, when would you have time to make parts?

2012 JKUR Billet Silver
2012 JK Dozer
1975 DJ5 Postal

just a heads up. RPM Steering is run by the same guys that ran RPM Fab. They were actively taking peoples money at an Overlanding show last year while at the same time knew they were closing the doors on the company. Lot's of people paid for products they never received. i wouldn't give a dime to that guy.

I did not know that. I was looking at this steering kit. No way would I give him a penny. Fuck Don and his shitty company. Guy is a shady pos after what he did AFTER he was going under.

TheGrendel

I did not know that. I was looking at this steering kit. No way would I give him a penny. Fuck Don and his shitty company. Guy is a shady pos after what he did AFTER he was going under.

yup, he still has a couple of buddies on fb and other pages that run interference for him whenever someone brings up the fact that they essentially stole money from a bunch of people.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
yup, he still has a couple of buddies on fb and other pages that run interference for him whenever someone brings up the fact that they essentially stole money from a bunch of people.

Wasn’t there a guy on WAYALIFE with a red two door sucking that dudes dick?

2012 JKUR Billet Silver
2012 JK Dozer
1975 DJ5 Postal

ddays v2

Wasn’t there a guy on WAYALIFE with a red two door sucking that dudes dick?

2012 JKUR Billet Silver
2012 JK Dozer
1975 DJ5 Postal

That was the guy with the little steer skull on the hood wasn't it. Think he even had his banner on the windshield.

Can't believe I remember stupid shit like that but can't remember the goddam code to get into my computer :rolleyes2: