Thread: Rpm steering

Rpm steering

IMG_0276.jpg

Has anybody installed this steering kit if so can you provide feedback?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

It's pretty solid. I had an issue with one of the nuts they sent me. Ended up stripping while putting it on. They sent me an entire new end since I had to cut the nut off and ended up messing up the threads a bit. I did the JLX this past month and abused this steering. Drove home from ME to TN after wheeling for the week and was able to drive 80 down the highway straight down the road with no hands. A disclaimer though, as I am using the JK variant since I have UD60's.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Good feedback. I like RPM steering but might look into SYNERGY as well. I heard RPM is very strong

Fusion 4X4 has a nice set you might want to check out as well. Rare parts makes a nice set for the JK's but I don't think the JL stuff is out yet. Same for Exodus Jeeps.
    2014 JKU Money Pit on 37's
    2019 JLUR on 35's (so far)

Quote Originally Posted by ddays v2 View Post
    Fusion 4X4 has a nice set you might want to check out as well. Rare parts makes a nice set for the JK's but I don't think the JL stuff is out yet. Same for Exodus Jeeps.
    Yeah Iím actually running Fusions. But from what I was told, the fusion, rare parts, and rpm were all the same. That could have been wrong info, but they all look the same and have interchangeable parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex4LO View Post
    IMG_0276.jpg

Has anybody installed this steering kit if so can you provide feedback?

I've been using this set up for about 6 months now. The tie rod can definitely take a hit and I've proven that many times. I highly recommended it.IMG_20191127_120220_355.jpeg

Sent from my LM-V405 using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Why would you buy Aluminum steering for Jeep for $1000. when you can by Chromoly which is stronger for less than a $1000. Aluminum will bend WAAAAY easier. The weight save isn't worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRubicon View Post
    Why would you buy Aluminum steering for Jeep for $1000. when you can by Chromoly which is stronger for less than a $1000. Aluminum will bend WAAAAY easier. The weight save isn't worth it.
    The idea is that the aluminum WILL bend but then bend back to its original shape. This as opposed to steel like OE and a lot of other tie-rods out there that will just bend. That being said, I'm with you here and would prefer to run chromoly like what Synergy makes. Costs less, works great and still holding its shape even after all the abuse I've put mine through. When it comes to steering components, I personally prefer they just not bend at all.