Gained 3.5” on a 2” lift???

ReneXXC

Hi Guys. I installed the Rancho 2” sport lift on my JLUR today. I was only able to get the front done. Doing the rear in the morning. It measured 24.25” from center of wheel to fender before the lift. It now measures 27.75” [emoji15]

I realize it will settle some but would it settle that much? It was a fairly easy install but now I’m second guessing due to the height difference.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Polaris Pro

Hi Guys. I installed the Rancho 2” sport lift on my JLUR today. I was only able to get the front done. Doing the rear in the morning. It measured 24.25” from center of wheel to fender before the lift. It now measures 27.75” [emoji15]

I realize it will settle some but would it settle that much? It was a fairly easy install but now I’m second guessing due to the height difference.

Did you need a spacer to level it? How do you like it? Thinking about pulling the trigger on it soon. I have the steel bumper and am going to put on the warm mid bar and my winch. Debating if I need a spacer to keep it level????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReneXXC

Did you need a spacer to level it? How do you like it? Thinking about pulling the trigger on it soon. I have the steel bumper and am going to put on the warm mid bar and my winch. Debating if I need a spacer to keep it level????

No spacer needed. I have a full width steel bumper and 9500lb winch with cable. It levelled out great!! Installed it in my garage on jack stands. All together took about 5-6hrs.

IMG_6070.jpg

Last edited:

ReneXXC

Sweet, thanks. How does it ride? I really like how mine rides stock.

Rides great. I bought the geometry correction brackets but I don’t think I will need them. Will probably install them anyway though.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
It isn’t unusual. The Jeep looks great, and if you are happy with the ride that’s all that matters. If it’s flighty, you may want to add adjustable control arms to correct your geometry.

Polaris Pro

Rides great. I bought the geometry correction brackets but I don’t think I will need them. Will probably install them anyway though.

I think I will buy the brackets also. Figured it won’t hurt.

Polaris Pro

Would you say it rides as good as it did stock?

What sized tires are you running?

Thanks for all the info.? Appreciate it!

ReneXXC

Would you say it rides as good as it did stock?

What sized tires are you running?

Thanks for all the info.? Appreciate it!

It definitely rides better than stock in my opinion. My tires are 35x12.5x17

Love that color. Was my first choice but I bought blue. Anyway, keep it on the road because any off roading on rocks will destroy those drop brackets.

I think I will buy the brackets also. Figured it won’t hurt.

If you look online you can buy the mopar control arms from their 2.5" lift. Mine were $65 shipped new. Gives you a bit of extra length but no hassle for setup and maintenance. My Sahara's caster is a 4.7 on the rack and was at 4.5 from the factory before I put a 2" spacer lift on. I'd run these before brackets, $60 aint gonna kill ya.

Polaris Pro

If you look online you can buy the mopar control arms from their 2.5" lift. Mine were $65 shipped new. Gives you a bit of extra length but no hassle for setup and maintenance. My Sahara's caster is a 4.7 on the rack and was at 4.5 from the factory before I put a 2" spacer lift on. I'd run these before brackets, $60 aint gonna kill ya.

Thanks!