Mopar Hinge Reinforcement and Milestar Patagonia MT 38x13.5x17

gbr

Hi,

Looking at getting the Milestar Patagonia MT 38x13.5x17. Do I need the Hinge Reinforcement? I'm also looking at the Rugged Ridge one. It's cheaper, but I can bury the Mopar one in the cost of the vehicle.

Thanks,
Gerald

ddays v2

Hi,

Looking at getting the Milestar Patagonia MT 38x13.5x17. Do I need the Hinge Reinforcement? I'm also looking at the Rugged Ridge one. It's cheaper, but I can bury the Mopar one in the cost of the vehicle.

Thanks,
Gerald

Why the garbage tires? Do yourself a gigantic favor and buy something else. You'll be happy you did

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
Shitty tire so no, no need to add the support. Hopefully it’ll fall off. It’ll be more beneficial that way.

2012 JKUR Billet Silver
2012 JK Dozer
1975 DJ5 Postal

ddays v2

Seriously, where in the hell is everyone seeing that these tires are the shit? :thinking: I used to see these and wonder who the fuck would buy these el cheapo chinese tires. I know the overlanding crowd gets a boner over these things but they absolutely suck at offroading.

JTCO

Meme King
Seriously, where in the hell is everyone seeing that these tires are the shit? :thinking: I used to see these and wonder who the fuck would buy these el cheapo chinese tires. I know the overlanding crowd gets a boner over these things but they absolutely suck at offroading.

They're being handed out like Halloween candy to anyone who gets in front of a camera and will show them to the masses.

gbr

How about I change the question, just to get this back on track.

I'm looking at getting the 38s. Do I need the Hinge Reinforcement? I'm also looking at the Rugged Ridge one. It's cheaper, but I can bury the Mopar one in the cost of the vehicle.

CalSgt

No experience with the RR or Mopar tire carriers but I am very pleased with my EVO carrier, Its good for up to 40" tire & can be adapted to 8 lug if needed some day.

Also I was able to put a 37" on with just a cheap mount bracket, ran that for several thousand miles & a few mild wheeling trips. If you aren't planning on doing hard wheeling this would get you by until you decide which heavy duty mount you want.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
38’s are so fucking stupid. The new age “jeeper” thinks that is what is needed.

2012 JKUR Billet Silver
2012 JK Dozer
1975 DJ5 Postal

JTCO

Meme King
This answer is about a useful as tits on a bull.

Even though you may not have the exact answer that you're looking for, all of us are genuinely trying to help you. Many of us or our friends have run shit on our Jeeps that we regretted later and it's just wasted money. 3 people have told you to get a tire carrier though if you're absolutely set on these shitty tires.