Gladiator Fuel Gauge Inaccurate

JTCO

Meme King
This isn't a huge deal to me but wondering if anyone else has experienced this. So I filled up a few weeks ago when my fuel gauge was reading about 1/4 full and I only got 12 gallons. Then today, the gauge was almost on empty and when I filled up, I got about 16 gallons :thinking:

Thought this was a 22 gallon tank.....

ddays v2

I honestly don't think I've ever put more than 18 gallons in my JL and that is with the gauge reading single digit miles to empty. One of these days I'm going to drive it until it runs out of gas to see what the safety margin in these really is....

JTCO

Meme King
I honestly don't think I've ever put more than 18 gallons in my JL and that is with the gauge reading single digit miles to empty. One of these days I'm going to drive it until it runs out of gas to see what the safety margin in these really is....

Working in dealerships, I've never discovered a fuel gauge or 'miles to empty' display to be completely accurate, but normally they're fairly close. This one seems way off. No big deal really just thought I'd bring it up here.

WiscoHR

Same for me. You can take all the way down to when it says low and won’t even tell mileage and still only put in 18 gallons.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

CalSgt

My Duramax has a 28 gallon tank & reads empty at 20 gallons,
JL has a 21.5 gallon tank & reads empty at 15-16 gallons,
Hybrid Rav4 from work has a 14.5 gallon tank & read well past empty when I put 11.5 gallons in it.

Wife's Yukon XL Denali has 31 gallon tank & reads empty at 29-30... I prefer this to the way exaggerated empty readings in everything else.

JTCO

Meme King
This thing is definitely off. Needle on Empty line today and the tank only took 16.5 gallons to fill up.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yup, see it all the time. I've even gotten the fuel light to come on and have the gauge look virtually empty and I was still only able to get in about 19 gallons. I think Jeep is just trying to keep things on the safe side.