Just to clear up something...

13_gecko_rubi

So i have seen the Teraflex video on the JL not moving go all over the place and received many questions in the last 24 hours. I'm not going to bash them as they just don't know what's going on.

Autopark has nothing to do with proximity sensors or blind spot. The driver wasn't wearing a seatbelt and door wasn't closed all the way. If those two conditions are met and the vehicle goes into reverse it assumes the driver is exiting the vehicle with it in reverse which poses a risk of the driver running over himself. In this condition the vehicle puts itself in park. All vehicle manufacturers with electronic shifters/transmissions now do this. It's a government-mandated safety feature to stop people from running themselves over. To prevent it simply shut your door or wear your seatbelt. Both have to be false to trigger it. Hope that clears it up...

Sent via....

JAGS

I missed the video. Think I have the Terabreak block app installed on my phone. I'm curious now though and will need to hunt down this video.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL!! Figures it'd be TeraFlex posting up this BS. Thanks for clearing things up for us and for the record, pointing out the TRUTH does NOT = "bashing" :thumb:

JAGS

Just saw the video in question. They really are stupid over there. Glad the real info is right here on JLWrangler.

NFRs2000NYC

Interesting story....last year, my neighbor's 335 BMW got stuck in the snow, so I drove my jeep behind him so I can give him a pull. He gets in the vehicle, puts it in R, then it shifts back to park. We both were puzzled as we had no clue WTF was going on. We was getting super mad at the car and started cursing the everloving sh!t out of it. I came to find out later on one of the BMW boards that it wouldn't shift out of park because the door was open. Stupid feature for stupid people of today. There are lots of times where having a door open helps, I dont want mandatory nannies.

Piginajeep

It’s actually a smart feature in my opinion. There’s a lot of dummies that run themselves over. In the oil field it’s mandatory to take yours keys out of the ignition at all times. It stops people from running themselves over. It has happened.

2012 JK8
1958 FC170 (Jeep Forward Control)

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
It’s actually a smart feature in my opinion. There’s a lot of dummies that run themselves over. In the oil field it’s mandatory to take yours keys out of the ignition at all times. It stops people from running themselves over. It has happened.

2012 JK8

If you are that dumb, maybe you should be run over.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

NFRs2000NYC

2012 JK8

Cmon dude, a lot? It was a freak accident on the GC because of the stupid indirect electronic shifter. That was yet another stupid feature. Just have a mechanical shifter and there are no more problems, and darwin will sort out the .001%

13_gecko_rubi

Cmon dude, a lot? It was a freak accident on the GC because of the stupid indirect electronic shifter. That was yet another stupid feature. Just have a mechanical shifter and there are no more problems, and darwin will sort out the .001%
It actually happens a lot more than you'd think. Even with mechanical shifter vehicles, you can actually do something about the electronic ones. Thats why NHTSA stepped in. I'm not disagreeing with your point though on Darwin.

Sent via....

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Stupid people who make stupid videos and stupid parts that break. Thanks for setting the straight and keeping us informed with PROPER info on how it works

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
So i have seen the Teraflex video on the JL not moving go all over the place and received many questions in the last 24 hours. I'm not going to bash them as they just don't know what's going on.

Autopark has nothing to do with proximity sensors or blind spot. The driver wasn't wearing a seatbelt and door wasn't closed all the way. If those two conditions are met and the vehicle goes into reverse it assumes the driver is exiting the vehicle with it in reverse which poses a risk of the driver running over himself. In this condition the vehicle puts itself in park. All vehicle manufacturers with electronic shifters/transmissions now do this. It's a government-mandated safety feature to stop people from running themselves over. To prevent it simply shut your door or wear your seatbelt. Both have to be false to trigger it. Hope that clears it up...

Sent via....

Your input here, has been invaluable. Thank you!

krdadlamb

Heading out to the Winter Jamboree in southern Utah this weekend with a buddy who bleeds Teraflex red. Can't wait to bust his balls for the entire 5 hour drive. I'll probably end up drinking a little too much whiskey and confronting Dennis about it at the vendor booth.

Piginajeep

I’ve had mine roll on me. But I don’t have a park button. Lol

I did the same thing in my car,

It was 4am and I was running late for work. I was stuck in a snow drift at the top of my driveway. I put it in 1st, got out and started pushing. Once it got traction on the pavement, it took off. 1st gear in a car was way faster than a Jeep. I damn near ran myself over jumping in and grabbing the e-brake.

Darwin almost got me. [emoji23]

2012 JK8