LOBSTAH QUEST Part 5 : JL/JT Experience - Field & Forest New Hampshire

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Heading north out of Adams, Massachusetts, we started our 3rd day of Lobster Quest, the Nitto JL/JT Experience presented by KMC Wheels by working our way into the state of Vermont. It was here that we really started to see the landscape covered in the amazing yellow, orange and red leaves that you can only find in New England and in the Fall. After making a well needed stop at Hogback Mountain, we continued our drive to the east, into the state of New Hampshire and until we reached our wheeling destination of the day, Field & Forest Recreation Area.

Like most of the wheeling destinations back east, Field & Forest is privately owned and NOT open to the public. If anything, they consider themselves to be a "private campground, outdoor event facility and recreation area" that caters to large groups, events, members of the Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs and other organizations ONLY. They do have an extensive network of trails, most of which are challenging with tons of fun obstacles and many more intended for buggies only but they are viewed as being an amenity for those who've paid to utilize their property. With that said, the wheeling out there is outstanding and we all had a great time putting our Jeep JT Gladiators and JL Wrangler to the test on their wet, muddy and slippery rocks!

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
We hope you've been enjoyed watching EVO, Synergy, Skyjacker, PSC, JKS, Tactical Off Road, Hi-Lift, all the participants and of course, yours truly taking on some of the fun trails the east coast has to offer. If you haven't done so already, Cindy and I would be grateful if you could please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

This video was independently filmed, edited and produced by Cindy and Eddie Oh of WAYALIFE. The opinions and actions of the individuals featured are in no way affiliated with or attributable to Nitto Tire, KMC Wheels, Off Road Evolution or any of the JL/JT Experience sponsors.

20191027182522-d74bd904-me.jpg

JL_John

Great video. You guys did an incredible job of capturing tons of great footage. This was one of my favorite days of the week, even though I took some minor body damage trying a different line.

Looking forward to the videos from Maine!

frenchjk

Patagonias seem to not cut it in the slime....:crazyeyes:. Great fun watching you wheel that beautiful trail!!!:yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That was incredible wheeling! I’m in New England and have never heard of that off-road park, but it’s on my list now.

As I mention in the description of this video, it is a "private" park and you either need to come with an event or be a part of the Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs to wheel them. That being said, I would highly recommend you find a way to get out there as it really is a lot of fun. :yup:

Pretty area. Looks fun.

It really was beautiful out there and the trails were the real deal.

That looks like a fun place!

Ton of fun but I think Moby would have felt more at home back there. :crazyeyes:

What a day that was! Great job capturing all the fun. They just keep getting better and better!

Thanks John, glad you enjoyed it. Ton of fun wheeling with you :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Patagonias seem to not cut it in the slime....:crazyeyes:. Great fun watching you wheel that beautiful trail!!!:yup:

Agreed. Looks like those Milestars really sucked.

For a tire that's supposed to be a "mud terrain", those Milestar Patagonia's simply sucked! Synergy was running Nitto Ridge Grapplers, an all terrain and with less than 50% tread left and they still hooked up a hell of a lot better than those china tires. It really does amaze me just how many of those things they've been able to sell and all because of internet "influencers" pimping them out. :rolleyes2:

MrGiant

For a tire that's supposed to be a "mud terrain", those Milestar Patagonia's simply sucked! Synergy was running Nitto Ridge Grapplers, an all terrain and with less than 50% tread left and they still hooked up a hell of a lot better than those china tires. It really does amaze me just how many of those things they've been able to sell and all because of internet "influencers" pimping them out. :rolleyes2:
You can almost see that the Patagonias suck in muddy conditions.
Any way, cool video!

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

MrGiant

Ok maybe I expressed my thoughts not precise enough. I meant you can see it by just looking at the tread design, too closed up and this middle stripe has almost no gap in it which could bog through mud or crawl onto rocks or roots. More open tread is clearly more likely to grab bumps. But its just amazing how freaking well these huge long wheelbased things do even on big boulder steps

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ok maybe I expressed my thoughts not precise enough. I meant you can see it by just looking at the tread design, too closed up and this middle stripe has almost no gap in it which could bog through mud or crawl onto rocks or roots. More open tread is clearly more likely to grab bumps. But its just amazing how freaking well these huge long wheelbased things do even on big boulder steps

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

LOL - I understood what you were saying, I was just being factious :D