Freight Forwarder

MrGiant

Hey all,

on my search for some rock sliders/steps I found the perfect ones on ExtremeTerrain. Unfortunately they don't ship internationally. But the service suggested to use a freight forwarder - I wouldn't have thought of that.
Does anyone have experience on that topic and can name one with good rep which is reliable so I don't burn my money? I need to get stuff to Germany, just in case this matters.
Thanks!

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

JTCO

Meme King
Hey all,

on my search for some rock sliders/steps I found the perfect ones on ExtremeTerrain. Unfortunately they don't ship internationally. But the service suggested to use a freight forwarder - I wouldn't have thought of that.
Does anyone have experience on that topic and can name one with good rep which is reliable so I don't burn my money? I need to get stuff to Germany, just in case this matters.
Thanks!

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

I wouldn't buy from Extreme Terrain even if they did ship internationally. Not a fan of those guys. Hopefully you are able to find someone that can ship internationally though.

MrGiant

Sorry guys, but what? I didnt even mention which sliders...

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

JP223/3USA

I’ve owned their barricade sliders and wouldn’t recommend those. Powder coating was not that great, it was damaged and their tube thickness is thinner than most others.

What brand sliders are u looking to purchase?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

MrGiant

I’ve owned their barricade sliders and wouldn’t recommend those. Powder coating was not that great, it was damaged and their tube thickness is thinner than most others.

What brand sliders are u looking to purchase?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
Thanks for that info, I appreciate that. I am looking at the Deegan 38s for JLUs. I like the Step with, pinch seam hiding and low profile look. Since my JL will never do serious rock crawling because we simply dont have that tough trails here, strength shouldnt be an issue. Any concerns or input on that, I'd be thankful to have serious pro/cons which I maybe havent had in mind yet

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

Scott_M

Don't do it.

There is no way I would ever order from ExtremTerain. Made that mistake once, got ripped off for $550. They are the worst company out there.

MrGiant

That sounds pretty bad and these experiences seem to multiply

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

Nick p

I use Concordia International Forwarding. I do make use of our company address and details so you’d have to check if they would do private shipping if you don’t have that facility.
They are exceptionally efficient. My norm is any shipments get sent to their depot in NY and with an email on a Thursday afternoon to send them over I’m bolting the stuff on Monday morning. UK address.
They also have other depots around the US, one definitely in Atlanta. This allows you to make use of the normal free shipping within the US :)

Nick

MrGiant

I use Concordia International Forwarding. I do make use of our company address and details so you’d have to check if they would do private shipping if you don’t have that facility.
They are exceptionally efficient. My norm is any shipments get sent to their depot in NY and with an email on a Thursday afternoon to send them over I’m bolting the stuff on Monday morning. UK address.
They also have other depots around the US, one definitely in Atlanta. This allows you to make use of the normal free shipping within the US :)

Nick
Thank you! Thats some good info on the forwarder. I am glad someone else in europe is doing this which I know about, so it can actually work. I'll see what I will do on sliders

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR