DANA Ultimate UD60s TORTURE TESTED & PROVEN on the JL / JT Experience

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So, going through the footage from the JL/JT Experience, I just couldn't help but to see just how much we all punished our Dana Ultimate UD60. I mean, time and time again, we've had to give it a lot more skinny pedal that I'm normally comfortable with and the thought of a break was always there. And yet, time after time and rig after rig and trail after trail, they ALL performed flawlessly. If there's a place to torture test a set of axles, the east coast on a rainy day is definitely a good one!

20191021102745-c9baccb3-me.jpg

:thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Glad to hear they worked out for all of you.

Yeah, me too. I won't lie, it took me a bit to warm up to the idea of UD60's given the breaks I had seen with them when they first came out. That and the fact that I've always been so happy with my Dynatrac axles. But, after talking to Mel at EVO and learning more about the improvements that Dana has made, I thought it might be worth testing out. And, so far, I'm pretty impressed with what I've been seeing - not just on my Jeep but on ALL the Jeeps that attended the JL/JT Experience. With that many rigs torture testing these axles and out on the same obstacles, the odds of a break occurring was pretty high. In fact, if a break did occur, it wouldn't have surprised me in the least and you know I would have posted up about it. But, all came through and without any issues. It really was a testament to how well they made.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a shot of Skyjacker hitting a tough slick obstacle with its Hellcat HEMI, Dana UD60's pushing 40" tires and all of its 707 HP!

TORTURE-UD60-SKYJACKER.jpg

JeepJL

Hell yeah. I need to steal that pic Eddie. :)

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

That’s a sweet shot. I swear your tires where in the air more then on the ground. For some reason I thought you were on dynatracs the first few days then I realized you were on UDs and I was like wow those axles are crazy strong. They even climb trees and can fly. You crushed so many obstacles! [emoji1360][emoji13]

JLRay

Glad the UD60s are working out. It’s honestly slowly changing my mind on them. Could be an option later on for me once I get my JL. I’ll watch a few more videos and hear a few more reviews though lol

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That’s a sweet shot. I swear your tires where in the air more then on the ground. For some reason I thought you were on dynatracs the first few days then I realized you were on UDs and I was like wow those axles are crazy strong. They even climb trees and can fly. You crushed so many obstacles! [emoji1360][emoji13]

Awesome pic and testament to the strength of UD60's. Every time Brian would approach an obstacle everyone would gather around for the show!!

:cheesy: So much truth!! :D

JeepJL

hhahahahha!! I believe I can fly!! I just wanted to see how many trees my jeep could climb. It was really bad when Dave and I were hitting obstacles back to back. No one knew where to look. hahah

Hahaha now it all makes sense. You were just following his lines! Next time I’d find a different Jeep to follow. [emoji13] so fun to watch the show!