LOBSTAH QUEST Part 2 : JL/JT Experience - Check In & Wheeling NORA New York

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
After spending the better part of 4 days on the road and covering almost 3,000 miles along the way, Cindy and I finally made it out to Newburgh, New York, the starting point of Lobster Quest - the Nitto JL/JT Experience presented by KMC Wheels! As always, the first day was a fun one being that we got hook up with old friends and make some new ones as well and being that this was the year of the all new Jeep JT Gladiator, it was great to see PSC, Skyjacker, Drixtin and even Randy showing up with theirs. Better still, most of these trucks were running EVO suspension systems, one had a Hellcat HEMI under the hood and all were running Dana Ultimate UD60 axles pushing 40" tires. Of course, being that we were in Newburgh and staying at a hotel right next to the world famous Orange County Choppers, that's where we got to finish up our day and complete with tour of their facility and dinner as well.

The first official day of Lobster Quest took us out to Ellenville, New York and to an off-road park known as, Northeast Off-Road Adventures or NORA for short. I should note that this is a private park that does require a fee to use but it is one that offers 4WD training, driving tours and event programs on it's 75 acres of trails. Given the limited amount of off-road options available in the New York area, it really is awesome that the good people at NORA have created this place for people to use. For our purposes, we were truly grateful that they would allow us to take on their trails, soak in the beauty and shake down our Jeep JT Gladiators (most for the very first time) and JL Wranglers on the fun obstacles they had.

We hope you enjoy watching all the fun we had and hope you'll check back soon for more.

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
If you enjoyed this video and haven't done so already, Cindy and I would be grateful if you could please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

This video was independently filmed, edited and produced by Cindy and Eddie Oh of WAYALIFE. The opinions and actions of the individuals featured are in no way affiliated with or attributable to Nitto Tire, KMC Wheels, Off Road Evolution or any of the JL/JT Experience sponsors.

JTCO

Meme King
Looks like a very fun time. Traction seems different out there. Definitely agree that the gladiator is crazy comfortable for long highway stretches. At 11:18ish, how are you able to get a rear camera view while still moving forward? That would be way beneficial if we can do it in ours.

RMC2

Been watching all of the new videos, but not posting much lately. What a long drive.

All of those shiny new WHITE rigs. Love em.

Last edited:

RMC2

Looks like a very fun time. Traction seems different out there. Definitely agree that the gladiator is crazy comfortable for long highway stretches. At 11:18ish, how are you able to get a rear camera view while still moving forward? That would be way beneficial if we can do it in ours.

I forget exactly how, but turning on the rear view camera while going forward is an option you select on the radio. Unfortunately the JL only has the rear camera unless you do an aftermarket upgrade. You get both cameras in the JT.

ralphgb

Went to NORA in July! It was a great time and a great bunch of people there. Loved the video, thanks.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Enjoying a beer and watching now.

Hope you enjoyed it :)

Pretty rad... I can see why those east coasters are into rock bouncers.

LOL - yeah, I guess I can see it too. However, trying to keep all my body panels straight is part of the challenge and one that I enjoy. :yup:

Go to your Apps, go to the 2nd page and select the camera. From there, you should be able to switch from rear to front :)

Been watching all of the new videos, but not posting much lately. What a long drive.

All of those shiny new WHITE rigs. Love em.

Good to see you around and hope you enjoyed the video :)

Cool video! Looks like some beautiful weather too.

Honestly, we did get a bit of rain but nothing too bad. The next day was worse and it actually messed up our camera but other than that, yeah, the weather couldn't have been better. It was gorgeous out there.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome first day! Great job on capturing the journey.

Thanks! I just wish we could be given more time to capture more of the Jeeps. It was all that we could do to get footage of our own at times.

Went to NORA in July! It was a great time and a great bunch of people there. Loved the video, thanks.

Glad you enjoyed it and yes, the guys over at NORA were great.

Breakfast is just so much better when there is a new Wayalife video up on YouTube to watch. And yes, by far the best video of driving through flyover country I have seen yet.

LOL - awesome. So glad you enjoyed it :)

CanadaJeep

Caught the Bug
Another great video, So many white jeeps. Maybe that's why it was out east enjoying the fall colours. Had to add some colour to the group.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
How often would y’all say you used your front facing camera when running the trails?

Honestly, never. The rear comes in handy though.

Great footage. These videos have become somewhat of a tradition for my 11 year old and I. We can’t wait for the next one!

Awesome, happy to hear it :)

Another great video, So many white jeeps. Maybe that's why it was out east enjoying the fall colours. Had to add some colour to the group.

LOL - maybe so :) It sure was pretty out that way.