Lift advice

ReneXXC

Hi Everyone. I currently have a 19 JLUR on 35’s no lift. I’m relatively new to wheeling. With that said, I am enjoying going out on the weekends and wheeling the Whipsaw trail up here in B.C. Canada.

I am torn on whether I should install a 2” spacer kit or go with something like the Rancho 2” kit with new coils and shocks. We definitely don’t have the rock trails like you guys do down there but we have plenty of areas to have fun. Also, I may end up getting 37’s later on down the road. Should I just get a budget spacer kit with shock extensions for now? Or should I spend the extra money for a kit with coils and shocks?

Thanks in advance. I have learned a ton on this site so far!!

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

YAHAHA

We wheel our JLUR on some hilly, rutted trails with 35s and no lift. Never had an issue so far. Have you had any issues with the trails you're running on your 35s?

It's not just a Jeep, it's an amusement park on wheels.

ReneXXC

We wheel our JLUR on some hilly, rutted trails with 35s and no lift. Never had an issue so far. Have you had any issues with the trails you're running on your 35s?

It's not just a Jeep, it's an amusement park on wheels.

Ya. I get some pretty bad rubbing when I stretch it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue_Meany

Save the money and go straight for some type of coil lift w/ shocks. The ride is substantially better than a spacer lift.

ddays v2

I'm in same boat with mine. Currently on 35's and no lift. On normal trails no rubbing but where it gets really twisty or there are some pretty large obstacles it will rub pretty good.
Pretty sure I'm going to go with a Synergy 2" lift paired with Fox shocks on mine. You can also look at the Dynatrac lift as well as the EVO 2.5" lift.

Polaris Pro

From what I read you might as well go with a Rancho sport lift. Doesn’t sound like it’s too much more money.

Jdofmemi

Ya I agree. I’m going to pull the trigger on the Rancho. Hopefully I can do the install in my garage using jack stands [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

You can do it in the garage. I did mine in a long day. Went with EVO 2.5" with Fox shocks and could not be more pleased with it. Ride is better than stock, which is great. It is a daily driver. Pushing 20,000 miles so far with no problems.

ReneXXC

Are control arm relocation brackets needed on a 2” lift or should I wait until I install the lift to see how it drives?

CalSgt

Are control arm relocation brackets needed on a 2” lift or should I wait until I install the lift to see how it drives?

I put 10K miles on a 2" boost kit without adding arms or brackets & it drove fine... Doesn't hurt to try it without

Lift it. You don't need much. 2" lift will yield more. My Mopar 2" lift yielded a little over 3". I did it my self in one day. Not too hard.

ReneXXC

Lift it. You don't need much. 2" lift will yield more. My Mopar 2" lift yielded a little over 3". I did it my self in one day. Not too hard.

Ya. I ordered it yesterday. Impatiently waiting for it to arrive [emoji6]. I also ordered the Rancho adjustable track bar. The OEM bar has lots of play