DV8 ARB Dual Compressor Engine bay Installation

asmith1923

I just installed DV8’s new engine bay mount for the ARB Dual Compressor. I still have some cleaning up to do, but I’ll post pics tomorrow.

https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/dv8-offroad-engine-bay-compressor-mount-cmjl-01/_/R-HKJT-CMJL-01

Made in Mexico and clearly no quality control. The holes in the bracket AND the Jeep are too small for the hardware included. I cleaned out the powder coating from the bracket holes, but still had to drill it out a full 1/16” more. When I went to drill out the holes in the Jeep, I noticed one of the bracket holes was off by about 3/8” and there ain’t no bending this bracket.

I had to drill another hole in the bracket to have it line up with the Jeep and go buy all new smaller hardware to finish the install.

The wiring harness was long enough, but included wire for pretty much any scenario out there. I wish they would’ve put that much thought into the bracket.

I installed the unit onto the bracket using vibration isolation hardware, also not included. With the Jeep running and the windows up, you can’t even hear it!!!

This is my second and last DV8 product (bought their rear bumper also). They have a lot of work to do in their quality control department.

Pics to follow...

Tony
19 JLUR Mojito!

JTCO

Meme King
Not sure what I'll be doing for a compressor, but sounds like the dv8 mount sucks balls. If I go twin, I'll likely mount it inside the cab or build something custom.

If I dont go custom, I'll just buy the single arb and use the WAYALIFE ACM.

dixonk

Not sure what I'll be doing for a compressor, but sounds like the dv8 mount sucks balls. If I go twin, I'll likely mount it inside the cab or build something custom.

If I dont go custom, I'll just buy the single arb and use the WAYALIFE ACM.

The ACM is well thought out and just flat out works. Airs up my 37s just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app