Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: What's the plan for WOL JLU?

  1. #1

    What's the plan for WOL JLU?

    Looks like you're adding lots of aftermarket suppliers, so I'm wonder what mods you're planning for your new JLU? Drive it stock for awhile or straight to "beast"?

  2. #2
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    4,590
    Quote Originally Posted by Four Flusher View Post
    Looks like you're adding lots of aftermarket suppliers, so I'm wonder what mods you're planning for your new JLU? Drive it stock for awhile or straight to "beast"?
    Wheel it stock as soon as we get it and then build it up with whatever is available at the time. Hoping to get it up on at least 37's before summer though. From what we've seen, they're gonna be the equivalent of what 35's and a 2.5" lift was on a JK.

  3. #3
    There's been talk about running 37's with minimal lift, mostly based on clearance. Any speculation about if the new Dana 44 will be strong enough? Any plans for skids? Stock skids look wimpy, I read somewhere that the gas tank skid might be an ASAP issue. Heard about any aftermarket solutions and timing?
    thanks

  4. #4
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    4,590
    Quote Originally Posted by Four Flusher View Post
    There's been talk about running 37's with minimal lift, mostly based on clearance. Any speculation about if the new Dana 44 will be strong enough?
    For most people, I think the new Dana M210 Front and Dana M220 Rear will hold up just fine. For me personally, I'm already looking into replacement axles. Speed more than anything has a way of breaking things and from experience, I've been able to bend rear semi-float 60 flanges. Up front, I'm eager to see if the improvements to the housing are enough to keep it's camber straight but without full circle clips, a break at the joint is still likely sooner or later.

    Any plans for skids? Stock skids look wimpy, I read somewhere that the gas tank skid might be an ASAP issue. Heard about any aftermarket solutions and timing?
    thanks
    Yeah, I "read" that about the JK gas tank skid plate too and clearly, if it's said on the internet, it must be true. Sure, I'll armor up anything that isn't already covered like the transmission and oil pan but ALL my factory skid plates have held up just fine on my JK. They might not look the prettiest but they're still doing their job well. Granted, I am just a mall crawler

  5. #5
    Knows a Thing or Two
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    900

    What's the plan for WOL JLU?

    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    For most people, I think the new Dana M210 Front and Dana M220 Rear will hold up just fine. For me personally, I'm already looking into replacement axles. Speed more than anything has a way of breaking things and from experience, I've been able to bend rear semi-float 60 flanges. Up front, I'm eager to see if the improvements to the housing are enough to keep it's camber straight but without full circle clips, a break at the joint is still likely sooner or later.



    Yeah, I "read" that about the JK gas tank skid plate too and clearly, if it's said on the internet, it must be true. Sure, I'll armor up anything that isn't already covered like the transmission and oil pan but ALL my factory skid plates have held up just fine on my JK. They might not look the prettiest but they're still doing their job well. Granted, I am just a mall crawler
    I can assure you the fuel tank skid is beefier and better ribbed than the JK one. My JK one is beat to crap too but still works just fine!!!


    Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  6. #6
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    44
    Iíve been seeing dynatracís video online of them removing the front axle and I see the hubs have studs in them I thought everyone was saying they would have 22mm lug bolts is this just a first run thing or were we misinformed?


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  7. #7
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    4,590
    Quote Originally Posted by OJK12 View Post
    Iíve been seeing dynatracís video online of them removing the front axle and I see the hubs have studs in them I thought everyone was saying they would have 22mm lug bolts is this just a first run thing or were we misinformed?


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    The lug bolts were bad info. The JL has 14mm studs.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  8. #8
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    The lug bolts were bad info. The JL has 14mm studs.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Awesome! Doesnít hurt my feelings at all!


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •