What's the plan for WOL JLU?

Four Flusher

Looks like you're adding lots of aftermarket suppliers, so I'm wonder what mods you're planning for your new JLU? Drive it stock for awhile or straight to "beast"?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like you're adding lots of aftermarket suppliers, so I'm wonder what mods you're planning for your new JLU? Drive it stock for awhile or straight to "beast"?

Wheel it stock as soon as we get it and then build it up with whatever is available at the time. Hoping to get it up on at least 37's before summer though. From what we've seen, they're gonna be the equivalent of what 35's and a 2.5" lift was on a JK.

Four Flusher

There's been talk about running 37's with minimal lift, mostly based on clearance. Any speculation about if the new Dana 44 will be strong enough? Any plans for skids? Stock skids look wimpy, I read somewhere that the gas tank skid might be an ASAP issue. Heard about any aftermarket solutions and timing?
thanks

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
There's been talk about running 37's with minimal lift, mostly based on clearance. Any speculation about if the new Dana 44 will be strong enough?

For most people, I think the new Dana M210 Front and Dana M220 Rear will hold up just fine. For me personally, I'm already looking into replacement axles. Speed more than anything has a way of breaking things and from experience, I've been able to bend rear semi-float 60 flanges. Up front, I'm eager to see if the improvements to the housing are enough to keep it's camber straight but without full circle clips, a break at the joint is still likely sooner or later.

Any plans for skids? Stock skids look wimpy, I read somewhere that the gas tank skid might be an ASAP issue. Heard about any aftermarket solutions and timing?
thanks

:cheesy: Yeah, I "read" that about the JK gas tank skid plate too and clearly, if it's said on the internet, it must be true. Sure, I'll armor up anything that isn't already covered like the transmission and oil pan but ALL my factory skid plates have held up just fine on my JK. They might not look the prettiest but they're still doing their job well. Granted, I am just a mall crawler :yup:

13_gecko_rubi

For most people, I think the new Dana M210 Front and Dana M220 Rear will hold up just fine. For me personally, I'm already looking into replacement axles. Speed more than anything has a way of breaking things and from experience, I've been able to bend rear semi-float 60 flanges. Up front, I'm eager to see if the improvements to the housing are enough to keep it's camber straight but without full circle clips, a break at the joint is still likely sooner or later.

:cheesy: Yeah, I "read" that about the JK gas tank skid plate too and clearly, if it's said on the internet, it must be true. Sure, I'll armor up anything that isn't already covered like the transmission and oil pan but ALL my factory skid plates have held up just fine on my JK. They might not look the prettiest but they're still doing their job well. Granted, I am just a mall crawler :yup:

I can assure you the fuel tank skid is beefier and better ribbed than the JK one. My JK one is beat to crap too but still works just fine!!!

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

OJK12

I’ve been seeing dynatrac’s video online of them removing the front axle and I see the hubs have studs in them I thought everyone was saying they would have 22mm lug bolts is this just a first run thing or were we misinformed?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app