Death vally

Jetboy

Going to Death Valley this weekend.
Need some must trails for a rental Jeep.
Restaurant and hotel idea also welcome.
Did a quick trip once before and did Titus trail.
But going for 2 full days this trip.
Thanks

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Hoffer

Stripped Butte canyon is nice

If you have a whole day, Saline valley rd to Steele pass. Hard to find the turn for steele pass via the hot springs sometimes
Or Saline valley to Lippencott trail to racetrack. Lippencott is rated as hard, but it's more scary than anything

Info here
https://www.nps.gov/deva/planyourvisit/backcountryroads.htm

.................ALWAYS check weather conditions in Death Valley.....................

Stovepipe Wells is a good central location for Lodging

We went the other direction,Racetrack to Lippencot to saline valley.Great trail with epic views the whole way.I would highly recommend it but as it is very remote id say be as prepared as can be with the obvious water,food,spares etc..And as said above always check weather and give your rig a once over(and under).
A nice end to the trail at Panamint springs restaurant/bar for dinner and refreshments:beer:

Hoffer

Sorry,look up Panamint springs resort.They have restaurant,bar,cabins and some cool "permanent" canvas style tents.Ive stopped through there several times on my travels great place.

Hard to miss ... it's the only place there! ... great food!

Hoffer

Lippincott is easy ... just narrow and some very steep drop offs. My wife closes her eyes on a few sections:eek:

Jetboy

Just wanted to thank everyone for the reply’s. We had a great time! It was by far one of our best trips. Lippincott we did half way as it was blocked by a truck on one of the narrowest of parts of cliff road. If it was downhill I would have pulled it off the mountain myself. Titus was unbelievable and can be done in a rent car. Echo canyon was also a trip favorite. We had 2 great days 80’s for highs. And only ran low on beer once. Great time. We will do it again. Hate that I didn’t get south enough to hit steaks n beers, maybe next trip.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app