Thread: 8.4 Uconnect constantly shutting down

Fresh Catch

8.4 Uconnect constantly shutting down

I bought a new 2019 unlimited Rubicon in May. Two trips from Texas to Colorado so roughly 8000 miles. For the last week my radio shuts off no matter what mode itís playing, usb, am/fm, Bluetooth. SiriusXM wonít work at all. Navigation shows Iím 20 miles away in a field. Very annoying. It consistently glitches at 3 minutes and 10 seconds and skips for a minute then at 3:20 it shuts down completely and reboots. I tried everything I could find online to reboot/reset. Called Uconnect. No update available. Unplugged the fuse, disconnected the battery. No aftermarket parts installed in the audio circuits. Anyone experiencing the same or similar?

Dealer has it. Saying 24-48 hours to troubleshoot. If it is a radio replacement itíll be a week. Getting frustrated.

Fresh Catch

Now Iím being told up to a month for a replacement radio

Iíve been waiting a week for answers. Did not hear back from the dealer when I was told 3-5 days to get a new radio in. They actually wanted to hold on to my Jeep until the radio came in. Now Iím being told it could be a month before the radio comes in.

They are telling me the radio will be replaced with a refurbished radio and with the 2019ís there arenít enough radios being sent in to have on hand. Question, why in the hell are they replacing it with a refurbished radio instead of new??? I verified this with another service manager at a different dealership who said sheís been waiting on a radio for a challenger for two months. This is not acceptable. Itís not just the radio thatís at issue, itís dropped phone calls, navigation and the back up camera that all stop working when this thing reboots.

I called Jeep Customer Care and Iím waiting for a call back. Will update.

What a pain. Hope they get you a solution soon.
    Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Been Around the Block
    Our solution to our radio issue was to give up and buy a new Jeep. After almost a year with no resolution or replacement, we threw in the towel.

It's not just a Jeep, it's an amusement park on wheels.

My local dealer just replaced my satellite antenna, wiring, and radio/Nav unit. I returned to Washington State from Montana and the Nav told me I was in Idaho. Covered under warranty. So a proactive dealer is what you might need.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app