ARB CKMA12 Air Compressor

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
ARB CKMA12 Air Compressor High Output On-Board 12V Air Compressor

Brand new, never wired, only installed in the jeep.

All the accessories were stolen from my garage so I only have the compressor. If you need a spare or have the wiring it’ll be good. I’m just going to buy a whole new setup. $287 on amazon right now. $175 shipped or best offer for this.

Active members only.

IMG_8583.jpg
IMG_8585.jpg
IMG_8587.jpg

2012 JKUR Billet Silver
2012 JK Dozer
1975 DJ5 Postal

CalSgt

ARB CKMA12 Air Compressor High Output On-Board 12V Air Compressor

Brand new, never wired, only installed in the jeep.

All the accessories were stolen from my garage so I only have the compressor. If you need a spare or have the wiring it’ll be good. I’m just going to buy a whole new setup. $287 on amazon right now. $175 shipped or best offer for this.

Active members only.

View attachment 13883
View attachment 13884
View attachment 13885

2012 JKUR Billet Silver
2012 JK Dozer
1975 DJ5 Postal

Dibs... I’m staying in Rocklin this weekend would you take a check

ETA: I could do Venmo too

Last edited:

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
Dibs... I’m staying in Rocklin this weekend would you take a check

ETA: I could do Venmo too

I usually only take checks from my grandparents but I could make an acceptation I guess.

Otherwise I have paypal. I have no idea how that Venmo thing works or what it is but I think my girlfriend has it. Whatever works. I’ll pull it out of the jeep this afternoon.

2012 JKUR Billet Silver
2012 JK Dozer
1975 DJ5 Postal

CalSgt

I usually only take checks from my grandparents but I could make an acceptation I guess.

Otherwise I have paypal. I have no idea how that Venmo thing works or what it is but I think my girlfriend has it. Whatever works. I’ll pull it out of the jeep this afternoon.

2012 JKUR Billet Silver
2012 JK Dozer
1975 DJ5 Postal

I don’t use PayPal much but will figure it out...

I was assuming you are In the Sac area, I could probably meet somewhere tonight & save shipping

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
I don’t use PayPal much but will figure it out...

I was assuming you are In the Sac area, I could probably meet somewhere tonight & save shipping

I’m down the hill in Tracy. I can ship, no big deal. I guess she doesn’t have venmo. Whatever is easy for you. Check is fine.

2012 JKUR Billet Silver
2012 JK Dozer
1975 DJ5 Postal

CalSgt

Overlander, I owe you an apology...

I got the compressor mounted and wired but it didn’t work. After some time troubleshooting I put a volt/Ohm
meter directly to the compressor leads and it read as open... no resistance. I started calling you some choice names thinking you sold me a burnt out compressor.

After some cussing I removed It from the Jeep and jumped the leads straight to the battery... nothing.

I decided to disassemble the motor and found this

5DDF12E5-0209-4B33-99D6-6A5E011EA31F.jpg

Brand new motor and brushes but one of the brushes was latched away from the stator, not sure if they missed it at the factory or what but was a simple fix.

Anyways sorry for calling you a dirty MF, and you’re welcome for saving you the same headache if you would have tried to run it.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
Overlander, I owe you an apology...

I got the compressor mounted and wired but it didn’t work. After some time troubleshooting I put a volt/Ohm
meter directly to the compressor leads and it read as open... no resistance. I started calling you some choice names thinking you sold me a burnt out compressor.

After some cussing I removed It from the Jeep and jumped the leads straight to the battery... nothing.

I decided to disassemble the motor and found this

View attachment 14511

Brand new motor and brushes but one of the brushes was latched away from the stator, not sure if they missed it at the factory or what but was a simple fix.

Anyways sorry for calling you a dirty MF, and you’re welcome for saving you the same headache if you would have tried to run it.

Well that sucks. Does it work? If it doesn’t I’ll send your money back. I literally never hooked it up lol

2012 JKUR Billet Silver
2012 JK Dozer
1975 DJ5 Postal

CalSgt

Well that sucks. Does it work? If it doesn’t I’ll send your money back. I literally never hooked it up lol

2012 JKUR Billet Silver
2012 JK Dozer
1975 DJ5 Postal

No its all good... Just needed the brushes to be engaged it the motor... Install done & works great. Thanks for the deal saved about $100 after buying the missing parts.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
No its all good... Just needed the brushes to be engaged it the motor... Install done & works great. Thanks for the deal saved about $100 after buying the missing parts.

Glad you found the parts and it works. My reason for selling is because I called arb and they told me that it would be cheaper to buy the whole package instead of the wiring. They said the wiring was like $175. Maybe they just didn’t want to sell it to me.

2012 JKUR Billet Silver
2012 JK Dozer
1975 DJ5 Postal

CalSgt

Glad you found the parts and it works. My reason for selling is because I called arb and they told me that it would be cheaper to buy the whole package instead of the wiring. They said the wiring was like $175. Maybe they just didn’t want to sell it to me.

2012 JKUR Billet Silver
2012 JK Dozer
1975 DJ5 Postal

Well 4WP had the best deal on parts but they screwed me, I waited 5 weeks before I canceled the order. I went to Amazon it cost about $20 more for the parts but they got them to me in 10 days. I didn't need the switches which saved some money.

Harness $63
Relay $3.50
Pressure switch $22
Air filter $33
total $121.50 (4WP was about $100 but everything was backordered)

If I did it again I would have made my own harness for about $15, the reason theirs is so expensive is its made to wire into the cab and is pre wired for three switches with illumination and ignition leads.