Still available?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Yes. $375.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2012 Jeep Jk - 37ís
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 40ís
    1975 Jeep DJ5

Overlander, I owe you an apology...

I got the compressor mounted and wired but it didnít work. After some time troubleshooting I put a volt/Ohm
    meter directly to the compressor leads and it read as open... no resistance. I started calling you some choice names thinking you sold me a burnt out compressor.

After some cussing I removed It from the Jeep and jumped the leads straight to the battery... nothing.

I decided to disassemble the motor and found this

5DDF12E5-0209-4B33-99D6-6A5E011EA31F.jpg

Brand new motor and brushes but one of the brushes was latched away from the stator, not sure if they missed it at the factory or what but was a simple fix.

Anyways sorry for calling you a dirty MF, and youíre welcome for saving you the same headache if you would have tried to run it.

Quote Originally Posted by CalSgt View Post
    Overlander, I owe you an apology...

I got the compressor mounted and wired but it didnít work. After some time troubleshooting I put a volt/Ohm
    meter directly to the compressor leads and it read as open... no resistance. I started calling you some choice names thinking you sold me a burnt out compressor.

After some cussing I removed It from the Jeep and jumped the leads straight to the battery... nothing.

I decided to disassemble the motor and found this

5DDF12E5-0209-4B33-99D6-6A5E011EA31F.jpg

Brand new motor and brushes but one of the brushes was latched away from the stator, not sure if they missed it at the factory or what but was a simple fix.

Anyways sorry for calling you a dirty MF, and youíre welcome for saving you the same headache if you would have tried to run it.
    Well that sucks. Does it work? If it doesnít Iíll send your money back. I literally never hooked it up lol

2012 JKUR Billet Silver
    2012 JK Dozer
    1975 DJ5 Postal
    2012 Jeep Jk - 37ís
    1975 Jeep DJ5

Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJL View Post
    Well that sucks. Does it work? If it doesnít Iíll send your money back. I literally never hooked it up lol

2012 JKUR Billet Silver
    2012 JK Dozer
    1975 DJ5 Postal
    No its all good... Just needed the brushes to be engaged it the motor... Install done & works great. Thanks for the deal saved about $100 after buying the missing parts.

Quote Originally Posted by CalSgt View Post
    No its all good... Just needed the brushes to be engaged it the motor... Install done & works great. Thanks for the deal saved about $100 after buying the missing parts.
    Glad you found the parts and it works. My reason for selling is because I called arb and they told me that it would be cheaper to buy the whole package instead of the wiring. They said the wiring was like $175. Maybe they just didnít want to sell it to me.

2012 JKUR Billet Silver
    2012 JK Dozer
    1975 DJ5 Postal
    2012 Jeep Jk - 37ís
    1975 Jeep DJ5

Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJL View Post
    Glad you found the parts and it works. My reason for selling is because I called arb and they told me that it would be cheaper to buy the whole package instead of the wiring. They said the wiring was like $175. Maybe they just didnít want to sell it to me.

2012 JKUR Billet Silver
    2012 JK Dozer
    1975 DJ5 Postal
    Well 4WP had the best deal on parts but they screwed me, I waited 5 weeks before I canceled the order. I went to Amazon it cost about $20 more for the parts but they got them to me in 10 days. I didn't need the switches which saved some money.

Harness $63
    Relay $3.50
    Pressure switch $22
    Air filter $33
    total $121.50 (4WP was about $100 but everything was backordered)

If I did it again I would have made my own harness for about $15, the reason theirs is so expensive is its made to wire into the cab and is pre wired for three switches with illumination and ignition leads.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12