My Hydro Blue Jeep Gladiator JT Build Thread

JTCO

Meme King
Well hell let's trade lol

No thanks, lol. I've been wanting this color for about 5 years. I almost bought a Mojito JL last year but timing wasn't right. Then when I saw they were putting the blue on the Gladiator, I had to have it. If you ever want to sell your rock sliders though, I'll be all over that.

JTCO

Meme King
Just did my 2nd oil change. Even easier getting under there with the bigger tires. Just for fun, I timed it while doing it at a normal pace. 19 minutes to change oil, filter, and clean up (store old oil, etc).

Personally I think this new cartridge filter is easier than the old spin-on ones just because it's up top and you don't have to move the drain pan underneath of it.

ddays v2

Just did my 2nd oil change. Even easier getting under there with the bigger tires. Just for fun, I timed it while doing it at a normal pace. 19 minutes to change oil, filter, and clean up (store old oil, etc).

Personally I think this new cartridge filter is easier than the old spin-on ones just because it's up top and you don't have to move the drain pan underneath of it.

Did you have any helpers in the garage yet?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Couldn't agree more. I love it! On my JL, I'm running an EVO engine skid so I replaced the drain bolt with a Fumoto valve. Makes changing oil even faster and with next to no clean up necessary. :yup:

JTCO

Meme King
Got a chance to install the tube doors on the Gladiator tonight and love the look. It still needs some adjustment but I'll deal with them another day. And love how light weight these OEM doors are. I can press them over my head and just walk with them.

DSC07521.jpg

DSC07519.jpg

Last edited:

JLRay

Looking good [emoji106] that’s going to help with all this warmer weather coming up. [emoji41]

JTCO

Meme King

I really like these Mopar grab handles. I installed these front ones a few months ago and decided to get the back ones too. Well it turns out, the rear ones won't work with the soft top. I just wanted to get that info out there for anyone else considering them. It's partially my fault for not looking at where the soft top mounts to on the roll bar. The soft top bracket mounts right where the grab handles fasten. Some retailers mention it won't work and some don't say anything at all. I may try to slide the grab handles under the soft top bracket but it looks like it may raise the top up too high. Worst case, I'll make something custom and post about it here.

mac214

Well if you don’t repurpose them before I pick up the spare wheel from you, maybe I can buy them from you. I have been considering some grab handles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JTCO

Meme King
Well if you don’t repurpose them before I pick up the spare wheel from you, maybe I can buy them from you. I have been considering some grab handles.

Sounds good. Other than the non-fitment issue on the rear, I like the design. The front ones are great. Not sure what I'm going to do yet.