My Hydro Blue Jeep Gladiator JT Build Thread

mac214

If there's one thing we dislike about the new Gladiator, it's the rear seat belt buckles. Jeep opted to recess the buckles into a cavity and while it provides a clean look, once they're lifted up, they will not stay up; they just fall back down. This makes it near impossible for our kids to buckle themselves.

View attachment 13911

We figured out what seems to be a quick and cheap solution. A 3 dollar piece of pipe insulation foam cut down to about 3 inches fits inside the hole below the buckles. We shall see......

View attachment 13912

View attachment 13913

View attachment 13914

View attachment 13915

Looks like I will be doing the same - thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JTCO

Meme King
I watched Eddie and Cindy's linex video several times and copied that guy's masking lines :D Fucking love it.

IMG_20191013_154729_348.jpg

If there's one thing we dislike about the new Gladiator, it's the rear seat belt buckles. Jeep opted to recess the buckles into a cavity and while it provides a clean look, once they're lifted up, they will not stay up; they just fall back down. This makes it near impossible for our kids to buckle themselves.

View attachment 13911

We figured out what seems to be a quick and cheap solution. A 3 dollar piece of pipe insulation foam cut down to about 3 inches fits inside the hole below the buckles. We shall see......

View attachment 13912

View attachment 13913

View attachment 13914

View attachment 13915

I have to agree. I have three car seats in my JT. The outer two use latch, but my oldest is in the center with a booster. Nearly impossible to reach the buckle. I have a buckle extender in mine.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JTCO

Meme King
Great job! Did you use the same stuff as the Ohs did, linex?

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

Herculiner. Not near as pretty as Linex, but cheap and no compressor needed. We've used it before. I'll try and get better pictures later.

MrGiant

Ok thanks for both your info. I need to think about what to do with my YJs inner body next year

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR