Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: My Hydro Blue Jeep Gladiator JT Build Thread

Some initial opinions since I've had this a couple weeks now. In comparison to a JK:

1)way smoother ride. City and highway.
    2) way quieter inside even with soft top.
    3)way more power and throttle response. We were doing 80 on the highway and I lightly throttled it to pass someone and I was doing 93 without even realizing it.
    4) on a windy day, this thing seems to get blown around way more than the JK.
    5) a lot more blind spots. Even with the backup camera, i find myself having to really look around more.
    Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Took the soft top all the way off for the first time. Nice weather this weekend. Crazy easy and light weight. Standing in the bed, I carried it under one arm and could even jump down with it in my hands.

DSC05145.jpg

DSC05146.jpg

DSC05148.jpg

DSC05149.JPG

Kinda looks cool with the top off but tonneau cover on.

DSC05152.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by JTCO View Post
    Some initial opinions since I've had this a couple weeks now. In comparison to a JK:

4) on a windy day, this thing seems to get blown around way more than the JK.
    I've been meaning to start a thread about this. I thought it was me but these fuckers get blown all over the place on the highway. I played with air pressures, checked all the bolts to make sure nothing was loose, thought about getting dual steering stabilizers, etc. Ok, maybe not the last one, but I thought with all of the aerodynamic tweaking they did on these they'd be more stable on the highway than the JL's, certainly not less.
    2014 JKU Money Pit on 37's
    2019 JLUR on 35's (so far)

I donít think itís any worse. I get some strong winds in Mojave. Enough to put semis to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by ddays v2 View Post
    I've been meaning to start a thread about this. I thought it was me but these fuckers get blown all over the place on the highway. I played with air pressures, checked all the bolts to make sure nothing was loose, thought about getting dual steering stabilizers, etc. Ok, maybe not the last one, but I thought with all of the aerodynamic tweaking they did on these they'd be more stable on the highway than the JL's, certainly not less.
    Are you referring to your JL compared to the JK or did you drive a JT?

I'm saying between our JK and our JT, the JT moves around in the wind way more.

Quote Originally Posted by JTCO View Post
    Are you referring to your JL compared to the JK or did you drive a JT?

I'm saying between our JK and our JT, the JT moves around in the wind way more.
    Yeah, I'm saying my JL moves around a lot more than my JK in windy conditions.
    2014 JKU Money Pit on 37's
    2019 JLUR on 35's (so far)

Yeah, I wouldn't expect that either. Newer is supposed to be better. But yeah, the JT sucks in the wind IMO.

Fresh Catch
    Iíve never owned a JK but that is the truth on the JL. I was driving back home from the Denver airport and was pushed all over the place. Even though the speed limit was 75, I felt like I was really pushing my luck at 65. On the other hand, when the heavy winds arenít there, I feel fine driving it at 90 on the same road.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
    Iíve never owned a JK but that is the truth on the JL. I was driving back home from the Denver airport and was pushed all over the place. Even though the speed limit was 75, I felt like I was really pushing my luck at 65. On the other hand, when the heavy winds arenít there, I feel fine driving it at 90 on the same road.
    How much air are you running in your tires? If it's more than 30, that's a big part of your problem. I do 80-85 all the time and in the wind and feel like my JL is very stable.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    How much air are you running in your tires? If it's more than 30, that's a big part of your problem. I do 80-85 all the time and in the wind and feel like my JL is very stable.
    What do you run in your JT? And what did you run when you had stock tires?

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast