Diesel JL Order banks open

NFRs2000NYC

Spent a few hours at the dealer today, looks like I will have to wait a bit more. After thinking long and hard, I decided that for my family of 4, for my jeeping adventures, a gladiator will be a smarter choice, so I will now have to wait until the diesel gladiator comes out. I hope it’s not at the end of next year :(

JTCO

Meme King
Spent a few hours at the dealer today, looks like I will have to wait a bit more. After thinking long and hard, I decided that for my family of 4, for my jeeping adventures, a gladiator will be a smarter choice, so I will now have to wait until the diesel gladiator comes out. I hope it’s not at the end of next year :(

Sounds like you already ordered a launch edition. :beer:

NFRs2000NYC

Tuning these things is going to be difficult. Ive been emailing back and forth with green diesel engineering, and it seems they will not be selling any products to US owners. Bummer, they are the best. :(

JTCO

Meme King
Tuning these things is going to be difficult. Ive been emailing back and forth with green diesel engineering, and it seems they will not be selling any products to US owners. Bummer, they are the best. :(

I work in the warranty industry. Be very careful tuning anything nowadays. That's usually the #1 modification that can be used against the vehicle owner if a warranty claim is made on any part of the power train. Diesel engines are $$$$$ and nothing sucks worse than having a warranty and then being told 'Sorry, you're on your own.' In the past, the owner could just unplug their shit before taking it in, however nowadays most of that info is already stored in the PCM so even if unplugged, a tech can see that the software has been modified.

NFRs2000NYC

I work in the warranty industry. Be very careful tuning anything nowadays. That's usually the #1 modification that can be used against the vehicle owner if a warranty claim is made on any part of the power train. Diesel engines are $$$$$ and nothing sucks worse than having a warranty and then being told 'Sorry, you're on your own.' In the past, the owner could just unplug their shit before taking it in, however nowadays most of that info is already stored in the PCM so even if unplugged, a tech can see that the software has been modified.

I've actually found a workaround....I now get my extended warranties from my insurance carrier (geico.) Cost peanuts a month, small deductibles, and they don't pull the bullshit "oh you have oversized tires, we wont cover the radio" crap. Funny anecdote. 2 days ago, after 98000 miles, my ecodiesel grandcherokee threw a CEL, said exhaust filter full, and service throttle control. Vehicle has the maxcare 120K warranty on it. Told my wife (lawyer) before I even brought it to the dealer "honey, watch, they are going to find something wrong that ISNT covered under warranty." So I bring it in yesterday, get a call later in the day, tech diagnosed it to be a bad catalytic converter....and wouldn't you know it, it's one of the small handful of parts that is NOT covered. Now, obviously, something is wrong that the cat is being killed, but they don't care, so they denied the warranty claim, and it's a $2400 repair on a diesel. So Im going ahead with the repair, and will sue FCA for my money back, as there is a heap of evidence of an issue with failing cats on GC diesels, some inside of 10000 miles. Im sick and tired of manufacturers not standing behind their products, blaming customers, denying claims when they know it's an issue with a certain part/system, etc, so Im going to start punishing them one dealer at a time. Ive done it to BMW, and now will do it with FCA.

JTCO

Meme King
I've actually found a workaround....I now get my extended warranties from my insurance carrier (geico.) Cost peanuts a month, small deductibles, and they don't pull the bullshit "oh you have oversized tires, we wont cover the radio" crap. Funny anecdote. 2 days ago, after 98000 miles, my ecodiesel grandcherokee threw a CEL, said exhaust filter full, and service throttle control. Vehicle has the maxcare 120K warranty on it. Told my wife (lawyer) before I even brought it to the dealer "honey, watch, they are going to find something wrong that ISNT covered under warranty." So I bring it in yesterday, get a call later in the day, tech diagnosed it to be a bad catalytic converter....and wouldn't you know it, it's one of the small handful of parts that is NOT covered. Now, obviously, something is wrong that the cat is being killed, but they don't care, so they denied the warranty claim, and it's a $2400 repair on a diesel. So Im going ahead with the repair, and will sue FCA for my money back, as there is a heap of evidence of an issue with failing cats on GC diesels, some inside of 10000 miles. Im sick and tired of manufacturers not standing behind their products, blaming customers, denying claims when they know it's an issue with a certain part/system, etc, so Im going to start punishing them one dealer at a time. Ive done it to BMW, and now will do it with FCA.

Lol. Sounds like you have your ducks in a row. Granted, emission components are rarely covered with any extended warranty and you're outside your 8/80 factory coverage on the cat, but I hope you get it taken care of. As far as Geico Mechanical, have they been good to you overall?