Diesel JL Order banks open

NFRs2000NYC

Bunch of dealers are taking orders, going to place mine this weekend hopefully. Production starts November 25th. $6000 option (4k for engine over 3.6, 2k for the mandatory auto transmission.) :thumb:

NFRs2000NYC

Have they released MPG #s yet? More curious than anything

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Not just yet, but if my GC with 98000 miles is some indication, I'd say it will be high 20s for city, low to mid 30s highway, and 29-30 combined. On pure highway hauls on mostly flat ground (not something like vail pass along the i70 in colorado) I easily get mid 40s in my diesel GC.

Damn 30+, that’s pretty good. My ‘15 Audi Q7 has a TDI, and it gets 28 highway at 75-80mph. Same basic trans as the JL has and similar in weight and power. 5500lbs and 440ft/lbs. My Q7 used to get better mpg before I had to comply with the VW/Audi diesel emissions fix, but it’s still a blast to drive.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

benatc1

Not just yet, but if my GC with 98000 miles is some indication, I'd say it will be high 20s for city, low to mid 30s highway, and 29-30 combined. On pure highway hauls on mostly flat ground (not something like vail pass along the i70 in colorado) I easily get mid 40s in my diesel GC.
Nice, that's pretty good. Curious to see what they publish. I love diesels, probably wont "upgrade" to one and keep my wrangler, but maybe a diesel gladiator down the road when I "need" a new work truck.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

NFRs2000NYC

So no one is worried about the engine being an italian designed diesel ? This aint yo daddies cummins.

Meh, having a geico extended warranty with 0 deductible means I can sleep easy. Our GC diesel is 98K miles old, and never a single problem with the vehicle, ever. Fantastic powertrain, and the new one should be even better. I may actually wait another month or two just to let the first production run iron out any issues before placing my order.

Right on power numbers aside diesel not much of a gain considering prices on average are .60 more per gallon so any gains in “milage” are kinda void no?

NFRs2000NYC

I personally don't know ANYONE who would buy this diesel to save money. Im buying it for power and range, and the ability to shrug off additional weight, something the gassers have a hard time doing. 500ft/lbs would be easily attainable with some breathing mods and some software, and IMHO, it would make the wrangler perfect. My personal opinion, the wrangler coupled with a v6 NA gasser was always a poor choice of motor.

Polaris Pro

I personally don't know ANYONE who would buy this diesel to save money. Im buying it for power and range, and the ability to shrug off additional weight, something the gassers have a hard time doing. 500ft/lbs would be easily attainable with some breathing mods and some software, and IMHO, it would make the wrangler perfect. My personal opinion, the wrangler coupled with a v6 NA gasser was always a poor choice of motor.

I’ll be surprised if someone comes out with software with the new regulations. Hopefully they will, but even the gas motors aren’t supported like they use to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NFRs2000NYC

It just cant come from the US. Just another regulation that will offshore jobs, so non american companies will come out with tuners.

Ya agreed . I def heard the exec talk about the fuel mileage. Which he should call range which is legit. Yea the gearing and ability to roll the heavy tires will be a game changer. I personally would rather They put the hemi in over a diesel but hey. Im sure its going to be an amazing package with low gearing that thing will idle up a tree.0

MrGiant

Interesting. Here people buy diesels to save money on the long term. Usually higher milage and cheaper fuel but higher taxes on your rig.
What are the prices on gas and diesel over there?

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR