Reinforced Mopar Hinge removal

asmith1923

Well, I removed my reinforced hinge and spare tire for a cleaner look. I’ve ordered the Artec spare tire delete kit and am waiting for it to arrive.

What I found was the bolts that Jeep I stalled are black to match the reinforced hinge, so when you remove it they no longer match my Mojito! And of course Jeep doesn’t seem to sell these bolts color matched separately.
Adjustments.JPGIMG_3220.JPGIMG_3219.JPG
IMG_3218.JPG

Tony
19 JLUR Mojito!

Last edited:

ddays v2

Well, I removed my reinforced hinge and spare tire for a cleaner look. I’ve ordered the Artec spare tire delete kit and am waiting for it to arrive.

What I found was the bolts that Jeep I stalled are black to match the reinforced hinge, so when you remove it they no longer match my Mojito! And of course Jeep doesn’t seem to sell these bolts color matched separately.
View attachment 13767View attachment 13766View attachment 13765
View attachment 13769

Tony
19 JLUR Mojito!

Spray paint? :idontknow:

ddays v2

If you can't find Mojito in a spray can from Mopar, go to your local auto body supply and ask them to mix a spray can for you. Most all of them can do this now. You'll need your paint code on the inside of the door jamb- just give that to them and they'll be able to fix you up.

asmith1923

Got the delete kit today. Camera and third brake light work great, just need to figure out a license plate light solution. Removing the tire and mount raised the back 1/4”.

IMG_3235.JPGIMG_3233.JPGIMG_3232.JPG

Tony
19 JLUR Mojito!

asmith1923

Yeah, I agree. Especially since (it I could find) the Mojito bolts are probably gonna cost me $5 each at least.

Just purchased a couple lights for the plate so I can be legal. I’ll post a night pic soon.

Tony
19 JLUR Mojito!

asmith1923

Final instal pics

I got some molding and license plate lights installed. Here are the final pics

IMG_3243.JPGIMG_3244.JPGIMG_3245.JPGIMG_3242.JPG

Tony
19 JLUR Mojito!