Rancho 2” JLU pulling right

Blue_Meany

I’ve had my lift for about 2 months now. Springs are settled and rides great. However, ever since day one(of being lifted) the Jeep pulls right. I bought adj trackbars to recenter the axles, thinking this was the culprit. I went to install the trackbars today, but after measuring, the axles are at most 1/4 to 1/8 inch off center. The pull is more than just road gradient or having wide tires (37x12.5x17 STT pros). Any other ideas? Next stop is the alignment shop to get official numbers but figured I’d ask here to see if anyone has ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JTCO

Meme King
I’ve had my lift for about 2 months now. Springs are settled and rides great. However, ever since day one(of being lifted) the Jeep pulls right. I bought adj trackbars to recenter the axles, thinking this was the culprit. I went to install the trackbars today, but after measuring, the axles are at most 1/4 to 1/8 inch off center. The pull is more than just road gradient or having wide tires (37x12.5x17 STT pros). Any other ideas? Next stop is the alignment shop to get official numbers but figured I’d ask here to see if anyone has ideas?

Track bars and axle centering will NOT cause a pull. Ignore that. Plus as you hit any bump in the road and the axle cycles, the axle will shift due to design anyways.

Tires at equal pressures? Did you have the tires before the lift and didn't have a pull then? You can always rotate the front tires side to side and then see if the pull is in the other direction. That would indicate a tire problem.

If it isn't a tire problem, pulling is usually a caster problem, however on a solid axle vehicle, it's pretty hard to have caster be different from side to side. Did your lift come with new control arms in the front?

Blue_Meany

Track bars and axle centering will NOT cause a pull. Ignore that. Plus as you hit any bump in the road and the axle cycles, the axle will shift due to design anyways.

Tires at equal pressures? Did you have the tires before the lift and didn't have a pull then? You can always rotate the front tires side to side and then see if the pull is in the other direction. That would indicate a tire problem.

If it isn't a tire problem, pulling is usually a caster problem, however on a solid axle vehicle, it's pretty hard to have caster be different from side to side. Did your lift come with new control arms in the front?

Tire pressures are even all around at 30psi. No adjustable arms, but did install rancho drop brackets about two weeks after the lift install to tighten things up. Still pulled right. Gonna rotate the tires and then go get it on a rack to see the alignment specs.

Probably too much toe out. You can’t go by the factory specs anymore on the rack. Use Eddie’s guide & video to check it yourself.

Blue_Meany

Did you find out the issue?

I am considering the 2” lift from Rancho for my JLUR.

Yes. Sorry I’ve had no time with my current work schedule. Rotated tires, bumped up the castor and still drifted right. I got under and the Jeep and increased the toe in angle just over 1/16 of an inch. Seems to track pretty straight now.

As far as the lift goes, I would stand behind it %100. Rancho made a great product. I would definitely recommend upgrading for the adjustable shocks. They are fantastic

Polaris Pro

Thinking about this lift but really like the way the Jeep drives. Had a 2.5” Rock Krawler on my Jk and it road a little rough. Guessing it may have been the 35” MXTs though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

silverbullet88

Both my 315 stt pros and 37” stt pros have a slight pull to the right. Now idk if that’s just because the design of the tire is influenced more by road crown or if it’s simply the tire design itself.

Still are a great tire. I recently bought a set of 35” ko2’s to use for dding and most trails I do. Absolutely no pull, so now I know for sure it is the stt’s. I am still keeping them on spare wheels for harder trails.

There are a few comments around this forum and others about a pull with the stt’s.