Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rancho 2” JLU pulling right

Rancho 2” JLU pulling right

I’ve had my lift for about 2 months now. Springs are settled and rides great. However, ever since day one(of being lifted) the Jeep pulls right. I bought adj trackbars to recenter the axles, thinking this was the culprit. I went to install the trackbars today, but after measuring, the axles are at most 1/4 to 1/8 inch off center. The pull is more than just road gradient or having wide tires (37x12.5x17 STT pros). Any other ideas? Next stop is the alignment shop to get official numbers but figured I’d ask here to see if anyone has ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Meany View Post
    I’ve had my lift for about 2 months now. Springs are settled and rides great. However, ever since day one(of being lifted) the Jeep pulls right. I bought adj trackbars to recenter the axles, thinking this was the culprit. I went to install the trackbars today, but after measuring, the axles are at most 1/4 to 1/8 inch off center. The pull is more than just road gradient or having wide tires (37x12.5x17 STT pros). Any other ideas? Next stop is the alignment shop to get official numbers but figured I’d ask here to see if anyone has ideas?

Track bars and axle centering will NOT cause a pull. Ignore that. Plus as you hit any bump in the road and the axle cycles, the axle will shift due to design anyways.

Tires at equal pressures? Did you have the tires before the lift and didn't have a pull then? You can always rotate the front tires side to side and then see if the pull is in the other direction. That would indicate a tire problem.

If it isn't a tire problem, pulling is usually a caster problem, however on a solid axle vehicle, it's pretty hard to have caster be different from side to side. Did your lift come with new control arms in the front?
    Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Quote Originally Posted by JTCO View Post
    Track bars and axle centering will NOT cause a pull. Ignore that. Plus as you hit any bump in the road and the axle cycles, the axle will shift due to design anyways.

Tires at equal pressures? Did you have the tires before the lift and didn't have a pull then? You can always rotate the front tires side to side and then see if the pull is in the other direction. That would indicate a tire problem.

If it isn't a tire problem, pulling is usually a caster problem, however on a solid axle vehicle, it's pretty hard to have caster be different from side to side. Did your lift come with new control arms in the front?
    Tire pressures are even all around at 30psi. No adjustable arms, but did install rancho drop brackets about two weeks after the lift install to tighten things up. Still pulled right. Gonna rotate the tires and then go get it on a rack to see the alignment specs.

Been Around the Block scoobycarolanNC's Avatar
    Probably too much toe out. You can’t go by the factory specs anymore on the rack. Use Eddie’s guide & video to check it yourself.

Supporting Advertiser
    I have this link into one of my guys...

Supporting Advertiser
    Let us know the alignment specs when you get them please
    Thanks Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Rancho Shocks View Post
    Let us know the alignment specs when you get them please
    Thanks Matt
    Will do. Should be within a couple days. Busy with work.

Caught the Bug
    put yr stock tires on see if she still pulls

Caught the Bug
    There is not alignment on a jeep dude its toe and go.... just check yr caster ... solid axle so there is no cross caster.

Fresh Catch
    Did you find out the issue?

I am considering the 2” lift from Rancho for my JLUR.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast