Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cooper STT Pro and snow

Cooper STT Pro and snow

Hello,

Does anyone have experience with running these tires in the snow (winter months)?

Contemplating on going back to my KOí2s for winter.

ThanksImage1569338943.295558.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Copper STT Pro and anow

Quote Originally Posted by Rubiman_JL View Post
    Hello,

Does anyone have experience with running these tires in the snow (winter months)?

Contemplating on going back to my KOí2s for winter.

ThanksImage1569338943.295558.jpg

They do good in the snow. It snowed one day last winter and I ran through it just fine.

Edit: they do everything better than KO2.

2018 JLUR Sting Gray

Quote Originally Posted by Rubiman_JL View Post
    Hello,

Contemplating on going back to my KO’2s for winter.

I've run 2 sets in the snow here in CO. They actually perform really well. Me personally, I prefer the Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac All Terrains for daily snow driving, but if I was set on having to have a mud terrain tire, I would run the Cooper STT Pros in a heartbeat. They perform well in the snow for a mud terrain tire.
    Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Quote Originally Posted by dixonk View Post
    They do good in the snow. It snowed one day last winter and I ran through it just fine.

Edit: they do everything better than KO2.

Thats not hard at all.....KO2s suck hard.
    Good to hear the stt pros are good in winter conditions, I might change to these next year

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
    Giant 2 - '18 JLUR
    Mr.Giant - '92 YJ, Flat Black
    Giant 2 - '18 JLUR, Bright White

The only complaint I have of the STT Pros is they are extremely hard. 26psi is what I am running on the highway to keep them happy on these wonderful Oklahoma roads. They are also a lot louder than BFGs. On the trail and inclement conditions they are superb in every way.

2018 JLUR Sting Gray

These tires perform super well here in the northeast winters. Grip the snow and throw it out of the way!

Sorry, but maybe itís that they were on a truck but thereís nothing good about the STT pros in the snow in my experience. Downright dangerous on my Power Wagon. Other than that, great. Now, thatís not really a problem with the tire. They arenít made for snow and ice. To those that say the KO2s are bad, have no experience in snow and ice. Thatís where the BFGs are excellent. Completely different tires with no comparisons. Both are great at different things. If you regularly drive in lots of snow and ice, please donít think these will be anything but what common sense will tell you. If you have a set of KO2s sitting around, use them and save the Coopers for the rocks.
    2018 JLUR SOLD
    2018 Ram Power Wagon on 37ís
    2019 Bikini JLR Turbo 2 Door on 37ís Mopar lift

I'd disagree with this ^^. I've had both and I didn't think there was a comparison between the two. While I'm not saying that the Coopers are the choice as the best snow tire available, I thought they performed better than the KO2's. The tread pattern on the Coopers cleared the snow better and the tread compound seems better suited to slick conditions that the KO's.
    2014 JKU Money Pit on 37's
    2019 JLUR on 35's (so far)

This is probably going to be useless, but what the hell...

I have no experience with Cooper STT Pros in the winter.

The tiny 215/65R16 KO2s on my Subaru (seen HERE) have been superb in all types of snow, only surpassed by my wife's blizzaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Onlyone View Post
    Sorry, but maybe itís that they were on a truck but thereís nothing good about the STT pros in the snow in my experience. Downright dangerous on my Power Wagon. Other than that, great. Now, thatís not really a problem with the tire. They arenít made for snow and ice. To those that say the KO2s are bad, have no experience in snow and ice. Thatís where the BFGs are excellent. Completely different tires with no comparisons. Both are great at different things. If you regularly drive in lots of snow and ice, please donít think these will be anything but what common sense will tell you. If you have a set of KO2s sitting around, use them and save the Coopers for the rocks.
    Where you live may be part of it too. Snow sticks around and a lot more hills.
    Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast